SAU Community

Brakes,suspension

just wondering if anyone has done brake upgrades,what did you use,what was involved in fitment,also who in perth got suspension done in perth,whether after market or stock,thanks

Edited by stagpower

mitchy do your posts always require approval?

Anyway...not in perth....but I've put Sydneykid's suspension in mine (any workshop in a day can fit it once you have the parts)

For brakes I put 32 GTR (pretty much same as 33 gtst) brakes on the front they bolt straight in and you can use the standard brakes lines.

Very happy with both and very good price

Sorry I wasn't clear...you need to match calipers and discs - I used 32 gtr calipers and discs. Only other option is to get an adapter to match the caliper to the discs you choose but the stagea calipers are pretty crap in the first place.

33 gtst/32 gtr brakes are cheap and easy to get second hand.

yep, you'll need to match the calipers with the rotors, or have brackets made up to move the caliper out to fit a R33 rotor, however its better to get 33 calipers too (4 pot front, 2 pot rear - R33 vs. 2 pot front, 1 pot rear - stagea)

suspension is easy! can be done yourself, but if you arent confident theres plenty of workshops in perth that can help, wa suspension is who i'd recommend though.

thanks heaps for the info,i can now add another thing to my shopping list,my stag has done nothing but burn a hole in my pocket....like all cars i suppose,its being good though

I have SK's suspension package.

Front brakes were a custom job of brembo discs with custom hats and Porsche GT3 calipers with fabricated brackets, which, while they work well, were very expensive, and probably much the same cost as a good set of Alcons or equivalent which would bolt straight in.

Rear brakes are all R33 GTR