SAU Community

Electrical Hiccups

Guest V8r31Skyline

Guest V8r31Skyline

Question to Skyline enthusiasts, this may be a first but am having a few probs as i have just bought myself an R31 with a 308 donk and turbo 400 3speed trans, first major prob is vibration from the tailshaft and/or diff and yoke ,which would be the major cause of this be? as it still has the standard split tailshaft but there is more than an inch from the rear of the gearbox still uncovered. Next is just a minor prob ? is it correct that the instrumental panel ie speedo electronic and can it be run manually through cable speedo ?????? Help Me , once this baby is on the road properly and exterior is taken care of it shall be on the road ready to race all you other enthusiasts , previous records of this car down the quarter are 11.4 which it ran 2 months ago at willowbank

You have got issues. V8 Line.. Some people!

Ideas yeah check these out...

Could be outta balance?

Uni joint on the tail shaft ... it's shot

Check the diff if it's nose down up etc.

If it's a one piece shaft then the thing is over spinning.

The fix is easy drop a real engine init.

stock tail shaft?? dodgy CV joints usually cause vibrations. some ppl get a one piece for their r31s

the trans speed sender (also used by the ECCS for things like determine if to clean the AFM wire after a drive) might be able to be connected somehow where the normal cable in the other trans would to use the stock electronics speedo. but id imagine you'd have to gear it right to get it accurate