SAU Community

Boost Cutting Out Need Help

hi i have a 94 nissan skyline r33 gtst auto, my mods are turboback exhaust, greddy fmic, turbosmart dual stage boost controller, and greddy e manage. Before i had the computer in, the boost was cutting out, so to prevent this happenign i installed the e manage got it tuned at dynoed it at 195kw at 14psi. yet the boost is still cutting out? why is this happening?

this is the stock ecu protecting the engine and turbo. the emanage is only a piggyback system, so it doesn't override the stock ecu 100%. there is a function in the emanage ultimate to help with this, but i'm not sure if it is in the emanage blue.

don't worry about it man..

it will stop cutting out soon with that sort of boost level.

it will stop cutting out for good.

so does it mean that he'll pop his motor on 14psi AFTER its been tuned cos boost is cutting out?

so does it mean that he'll pop his motor on 14psi AFTER its been tuned cos boost is cutting out?

at that boost level, the turbo is on the "any day now" side of death.

motor should be fine if the fuel and timing is fine.

People always love pushing the envelope which is fine if they have a spare envelope lying around.

las nyt i drove my car, n i relised that when i floord it, the boost was fine it was goin at 14 no trbbl, however i was lookin at my revs and it was struggling at 4-5rpm, so i put da power button down, and everythign was fine, however at 5.5g it was having trbble gettin past that, so im thinking it looks lyk a possible rev cut, it doesnt happen all the time, jus sumtyms, lyk 1 day ill put it down all da way and everythign is sweet, and den later ill do the same thing and itll struggle at different RPM Points, btw i dnt always drive at 14psi, only if i drag or sumthing, other than that my boost doesnt go much over 8-9psi.

las nyt i drove my car, n i relised that when i floord it, the boost was fine it was goin at 14 no trbbl, however i was lookin at my revs and it was struggling at 4-5rpm, so i put da power button down, and everythign was fine, however at 5.5g it was having trbble gettin past that, so im thinking it looks lyk a possible rev cut, it doesnt happen all the time, jus sumtyms, lyk 1 day ill put it down all da way and everythign is sweet, and den later ill do the same thing and itll struggle at different RPM Points, btw i dnt always drive at 14psi, only if i drag or sumthing, other than that my boost doesnt go much over 8-9psi.

bro listen carefully as this is what you will need to do to fix the problem..

kjlljkdsre jklfsdiolkjer jklfsd klj sasaczx m.rs m,.m,.sdf kl mmkl;fsd m,..m,klj dfsm,.m,.kl

You should be able to understand that.

Hope that helps.

the turbo may pop, it may not. i was running 14psi for ages with no troubles. even in summer. the engine will be fine unless bits of the turbo get in there.

explain which part of the turbo is gonna get in the engine? ive never understood this.

exh turbine would destroy dump/front or cat..... i assume.

compressor? would bits travel to the intake?

bits of the compressor wheel can break off and get into the engine.

justin911 had the butterfly in his throttlebody get wedged open by a bit of his compressor wheel.

oooooooooooh >_<

i see. didnt imagine it would get thru the cooler, and all those bends to the plenum.