SAU Community

About To Buy Rims And Tyres..

adam1982

Hey guys,

I'm looking at buying some new tires and rims, after finding out just how *shot* my current tyres are..

The ones im looking at buying are a set of Speedy Inferno (machined) rims and tyres.

So far i've been quoted by Tyrepower on a set of 18" Inferno's 18x8.0 with a set of Kumo's 235/40/18's for $1980 and i'd just like other users opinions on if this is a good price?

I'm about to start ringing around to find other prices, but thought i'd ask here as well >_<

inferno-machined.jpg

That sounds pretty good. I just bought some 18's too and am fitting the same size tyre. I would just recommend you do some investigation on the quality of those tyres. They're probably not the greatest. Do some research, and if you're happy with the tyres, then go for it. Otherwise, buy the rims, and get tyres seperately. If you shop around, you can get tyres that size for around $800 that are higher quality.

reasonable. you could get cheaper but as r33-gts said shop around for tyres if your going to do any serious speed you need to be able to trust your tyres

I just bought some chrome 18s for my missus car but as its a 4x4 they cost a little more for tyres my bill was 2500 all up

Edited by stilgar

I'm about to spend $1800 on a set of 17" URAS wheels from justjap with nankang rubber (I'm not a fan of nankangs but they're just going to get smoked up anyway heh).

i got some 18inch forged jap rims and tires 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 with falkens and wen i get around to selling them they will be much cheaper than 1900 and would look 10times better. >_< in other words you can get better rims that are japanese and look better second hand if you wait awhile and dont rush into it. Or just source a set from japan

Edited by phenline

I like this guy. So does Brad from WA Suspensions I think >_<

Associated Tyre Wholesalers

60 King Edward Rd West Osborne Park 6017

(08) 9244 9699

www.atwtyresandmags.com.au

Doesnt look like he has speedy wheels on his site maybe I'm blind - but ask him and maybe he can get em cheaper? I dunno just a suggestion.. someone else you can try.

hey i know bout some 19's 4 sale.

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/priva...|1&trecs=24

I bought that car minus hte 19's (wanted the stockers). They'll still be sitting there in his garage, i know he wouldnt have advertised em. Give him a call (top bloke), maybe get em for a decent price. Rims were like new and nearly full amount of rubber left from memory

mike