SAU Community

New Fuel Pump

COATZI

Hi,

My fuel pump on my 96 R33 Sh!t itself, what would be some good options for an easy change over, just get a new stock one back in. Or can I put a GTR or something after market in without to much mucking around.

What kind of benefits would i have putting in something after market?

Cheers,

No point going back to standard, upgrade while you can.

I just upgraded from a standard pump to a GTR pump, works minttt.

Go a GTR if you don't want to spend big, it will support whatever you want to do most likely.. or if you really want to go to a new pump go a WALBRO or a BOSCH 040.

Good value for money, and will support big power.

Thanks,

Abu

Would an R34 GTR pump fit on my R33 GTS-T?

Cause I seen one for sale on here,

Also changing to a GTR or Aftermarket pump is it a straight swap or do I have to tweak computer or anything in management?

Cheers,

I put a bosch 040 in my 33...worked a treat so far. And preety much silent! (it will be loud if you dont install it properly) You dont have to tweak anything managment wise :) But you will have to slightly mod your bracket and cut a bit off the fuel line that connects to the pump but thats easy to do. There are step by step tutes on this website to guide you through it easy!

A new pump is a better idea than a used 10 year old GTR pump. Worth the extra cash IMO

+1 for new pump, dont want it to fail on you again

i put a gtr one in and it was very loud (party because of the bodgy workshop that installed it wrong)

changed it for a walbro 500hp kit and it was much quieter and pretty much a straight swap, all hoses + clamps come with the kit i think the only thuing i had to change was the connectors for the positive and negative.

the 040 bosch is probably equivalent to the walbro one, either way they should both do for approx 250rwkw

• 2 weeks later...
+1 for new pump, dont want it to fail on you again

i put a gtr one in and it was very loud (party because of the bodgy workshop that installed it wrong)

changed it for a walbro 500hp kit and it was much quieter and pretty much a straight swap, all hoses + clamps come with the kit i think the only thuing i had to change was the connectors for the positive and negative.

the 040 bosch is probably equivalent to the walbro one, either way they should both do for approx 250rwkw

I just now changed my stock pump to a Walbro..550 hp ..255 lph

Cost me 180 at Autobarn there on special till fathers day.. ;)