SAU Community

Sau Nsw Texikhana

N1GTR

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok list updated again

PM sent to all those who havnt paid yet, people who havnt paid will lose their spots as your spaces are only confirmed when you've paid :rofl:

Those guys have until Wednesday :)

Having never done one of these events before, I wanted to know how much tyre wear you get?

feather the fronts and strip the rears? is grip really from good quality tyres more important that ruining a set of new street tyres.

I will ruin a set if I have to otherwise the sliding set will go on :ninja:

cheers

I think a few people will agree that one of the best ways to go about this is to have grip on the fronts (semis) and wide whatevers on the back...

So who is going down the night before and what not? What is everyones plans?

I didn't ask before because I already have CAMS licence, but is CAMS licence required for this event?

Also for the record...

16. Mark LadyBytes (R32 GT-R or R32 GTS-T) - PAID

is

16. Mark Tuk Tuk (R32 GT-R or R32 GTS-T) - PAID

Nic,

Grip :ninja:

maximum grip - unless you want to get some wicked angles on the pan for the camera's!

Ive used my semis at DECA (same event) and got a bit of wear out of them, but traction was good.

Doof - accomo night before for me!

Well since I lost my lock nut key thingy on the weekend I'll be running on newish streeters. I expect they will still be fine to drive on afterwards even with some sideways action. I think the key is that unlike a track day, you are not out there for long enough on each run to overheat the tyres which is when most of the wear occurs.

lost your lock nut!

We got one for the sunny on the SAU drag day from a random tyre shop.... what type are they? If they are rays I have a spare lock nut for the short ones......

Michelle,

yep, CAMS or AASA licence :)

I'm pretty sure Steve knows you guys have paid :)

Thanks

oh and it wasn't the paid bit... I was providing Mr LadyBytes SAU nic (Tuk Tuk) so he can use his own ID rather than being Mr Ladybytes LOL

You shouldn't get that much tire wear at all - assuming you are trying to drive well - as opposed to drifting the course which might be fun but is much slower. You should also remember that each run will only last 2 minutes max and probably much less. You'll spend less time "racing" than one session in an average track day. In most cases the tires won't heat up and get sticky the way the would after a few laps on the track. Most people who race these types of event run tires specifically design to warm up very quickly - more so than the average semi.

I've run street tires (Federal 595s) at both DECAs and don't think the disadvantage to semis was anything like on a real track. If you're uber good you might notice the difference. On the skid pan you'll find out quickly it is all about driving skill.

Alright good :( Where are you staying?

Need more peoples to answer! I wonder what Wayne-o and Kasey-Bird are doing... As well as Jen and Nige...

Hello Doof-mister, :)

We are cruising down AM on the day!

(Gotta a party on the evening before)

See ya there! :D