SAU Community

Sau Nsw Texikhana

N1GTR

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other news; We were notified a few hours ago that the skid pan at Sutton Road has been double booked and we are to be bumped. It is booked by the Stay Upright people and is a long term booking.

Sutton Road are most apologetic and have offered us a deal to make up for it so that we can still have fun. We considered cancelling the event but after much talk we realised that we are in it to the hilt and would incur significant costs to do so.

The deal offered is that we get refunded the money paid for the dry skid pan and we get the wet skid pan they have for free. We also get a discount on the back track which is still available to us. This equates to a $30-40 per entrant refund. Further more, we will get an unspecified discount on the next hiring of the facility which will be good.

It is proposed that the refund be kept by the club to be put towards entry for the next Texikhana (on the proper skid pan), meaning that everyone who enters this time gets $30-40 off the next event and priority entry. Those who did not enter this time will pay the full price.

Further in relation to price, future Texikhanas will be cheaper than this first one because we have incurred a number of one off costs. Also for those buying AASA licences, it covers you for 12 months and as mentioned above we will get a discounted rate at least for the very next one if not others into the future. We would like to get entry fees down under $50.

The Executive have discussed the situation and believe that we can still have a lot of fun on Sunday. We actually wanted the wet skid pan originially in addition to the dry one and the back track but it was too expensive to have all 3. It is a next to no tyre wear track which can be drifted or driven and is quite difficult to go around fast.

We have some ideas for making it competetive and difficult so we are sure you will enjoy yourselves. Don't forget that us organisers are also fully paid up entrants so we looked at this from both angles and are still keen.

We are sorry to have to change the format of the day like this but hope that incentives offered will make up for it. We do not doubt that everyone will have fun. If anyone is feeling particularly hard done by then I will entertain requests for refunds in full or in part by pm only.

This is not our fault at all and this is the best we can do with the unfortunate situation.

Thanks guys. See you all Sunday or before.

Adam.

That is extremely disappointing as it really changes the nature of the event but at this point there really isn't much that can be done. I appreciate the hard work you guys have put into organizing this and its probably more disappointing to you than us that it won't go off as planned.

I look forward to see what sic things you guys will come up with. Looks like we'll be getting 'em wet tomorrow.

that is bs they must have known well in advance about the dry skidpan being booked for L's courses they are ALWAYS on... there seems to be a lot of double booking going on with this mob. It's happened a fair few times on the wet skidpan.

WICKED!!!! I've never driven on a wet skid pan before. Looking forward to it and i'm still gunna beat chubbs. Remember its all about fun people, however i did wash my car lastnight. Bummer! Should be an entertaining afternoon of slippin and a slidin!!!

Be bring it on, i love making a fool of myself!!

WICKED!!!! I've never driven on a wet skid pan before. Looking forward to it and i'm still gunna beat chubbs. Remember its all about fun people, however i did wash my car lastnight. Bummer! Should be an entertaining afternoon of slippin and a slidin!!!

Be bring it on, i love making a fool of myself!!

hey thats fine aye. at least there still looking after us!

hey i emailed the SAU entry form the the email address on the form? is that enough because i dont have a fax mechine...

or do i have to bring it on the day?

so to some up i just need to brin

1. helmet

2. 50 for my licence

3. entry form? (that i have already emailed)

sorry if its been coverd before, theres way to many pages to this thread. lol thanks guys

im gonna go put some roayal purple in my car now.

-iz

That sux, I was really keen for some dry pan action. Oh well, nothing you guys can do. The wet skid pan feels slow and small. I wonder what you guys have planned for it?

With the next time discount your talking about. Is that at the Sutton facility or just the next event that is organised?

that's a bit of a shame they jerked us around, but to be honest I reckon wet skidpan is more fun anyway, and afterall these days are all about fun. plus considering you get wet pan in exchange for dry, and we get some money towards the next event I reckon that is a good thing.

I really wish I was going now, there is an art to getting around the wet skidpan smoothly and it's awesome fun trying and failing! I would say this is a nice win for us, and means sutton are now in our debt so they will surely look after us next time. :wub:

That is extremely disappointing as it really changes the nature of the event but at this point there really isn't much that can be done. I appreciate the hard work you guys have put into organizing this and its probably more disappointing to you than us that it won't go off as planned.

I look forward to see what sic things you guys will come up with. Looks like we'll be getting 'em wet tomorrow.

Yeah we're not happy but we're making the best of the situation. The wet skid pan is actually quite diffucult and you will still be getting timed. I've got a cool little trick up my sleeve as well for added fun and also one for 2up battles.

that is bs they must have known well in advance about the dry skidpan being booked for L's courses they are ALWAYS on... there seems to be a lot of double booking going on with this mob. It's happened a fair few times on the wet skidpan.

Apparently the guy who took our booking doesn't work there anymore and it was the new guy I was talking to who helped us realise the error. Yes the Stay Upright courses are on a lot. He has been very good given the situation so let's just trust that he comes through with everything he says he will.

hey thats fine aye. at least there still looking after us!

hey i emailed the SAU entry form the the email address on the form? is that enough because i dont have a fax mechine...

or do i have to bring it on the day?

so to some up i just need to brin

1. helmet

2. 50 for my licence

3. entry form? (that i have already emailed)

sorry if its been coverd before, theres way to many pages to this thread. lol thanks guys

im gonna go put some roayal purple in my car now.

-iz

Yeah we got your form.

1. yes

2. yes

3. no need.

That sux, I was really keen for some dry pan action. Oh well, nothing you guys can do. The wet skid pan feels slow and small. I wonder what you guys have planned for it?

With the next time discount your talking about. Is that at the Sutton facility or just the next event that is organised?

Yes it will be at Sutton. We are planning to do these events regularly. This is our first attempt so while we have put a lot of effort into planning it, there may be teething problems. I guess we just didn't predict this particular one - right out of left field.

I'm certainly not promising anything and I haven't even asked yet but we might get an hour on the dry pan at the end of the day when the bikes finish which we could use for battles.

that's a bit of a shame they jerked us around, but to be honest I reckon wet skidpan is more fun anyway, and afterall these days are all about fun. plus considering you get wet pan in exchange for dry, and we get some money towards the next event I reckon that is a good thing.

I really wish I was going now, there is an art to getting around the wet skidpan smoothly and it's awesome fun trying and failing! I would say this is a nice win for us, and means sutton are now in our debt so they will surely look after us next time. :wub:

Yeah it would be pretty cool if we could get entry for the next one to those at this down to $20 or $30. :wub: Talk about the cheapest motorsport event out.

A huge THANK YOU to all the organisers & volunteers for putting in all the hard yakka so the rest of us could have so much fun.

It may have felt loveless... but it wasn't hard to tell that a great deal of effort was required to make today happen. You guys are awesome for giving up your own time to selflessly run an event like this and we want you to know we recognise your efforts and appreciate everything.

Thanks again for a fabulous day.

Nice job to all of you who put this together! The place many of us stayed was great and how good is a 100m walk to the pub and "steaks on stones". The wet pad was something different and a lot of fun. I do think someone with a detailing shop was responsible for getting us booted of the dry and onto the wet as there were some amazingly dirty cars by the end of the day. When Tink's car is dirty, you know it must be bad. The back track was fun. Next time perhaps we can get cones that don't like to jump out in front of my car. All in all it was a great event and I can see it just getting better.