SAU Community

R34 Gtr

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wats so hard to believe about me wanting to buy a gtr? wats wrong with that? it'll be atleast 12-18months before i even change the exhaust, or anything..maybe longer. I want to appreciate the car before i change anything

wats so hard to believe about me wanting to buy a gtr? wats wrong with that? it'll be atleast 12-18months before i even change the exhaust, or anything..maybe longer. I want to appreciate the car before i change anything

where would you like me to start?

at your age?

at your current car?

at your current license?

at the amount of money an R34 gtr costs?

at the amount of money it costs to build a 1000hp or kw rb26?

let's be nice and realistic for a second.

answer these questions.

what do you do for work?

how long have you been doing it?

do you live with parents?

what is your mum doing tonight?

how much power does your current car have?

have you been in ANY gtr's yet?

have you DRIVEN any GTR's yet?

do you know what 200, 300, 400, 500kw's feels like?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to own a GTR. Being able to and keep it running is the tough bit.

Don't be surprised if people take the p..s when you go from 1000hp/kw (whatever) to won't change the exhaust for 12-18 months.

Man on that schedule we'll be out of fossil fuels by the time you get ready the uber rebuild.

where would you like me to start?

at your age?

at your current car?

at your current license?

at the amount of money an R34 gtr costs?

at the amount of money it costs to build a 1000hp or kw rb26?

let's be nice and realistic for a second.

answer these questions.

what do you do for work?

how long have you been doing it?

do you live with parents?

what is your mum doing tonight?

how much power does your current car have?

have you been in ANY gtr's yet?

have you DRIVEN any GTR's yet?

do you know what 200, 300, 400, 500kw's feels like?

ok...i've got my eyes on a GTR for 56 from japan...and i understand i'm looking at ridiculous amounts of money for 800kw (1000hp) but it'll be an extremely extended project. years..i love the R34 GTR and i am planning on keeping the vehicle for a highly extended period of time.

as for your questions:

I work for Subaru head office in the customer relations dept, i've been here for 6 months. i dnt live with my parents..i live with my fiance who lives with her parents...current car..hasn't been dynoed but is running 11psi boost....i have been in an r34 gtr, and have driven a 32 gtr and a 33 gtr...and they were both faily stock...and even when i started doing the mods to it, it'd be gradual so i'd make sure i could handle the amount of power i had...and going back to the cost issues..i've got 25k saved..and have access to finance too and i can afford the repayments because i've already discussed it with my bank

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to own a GTR. Being able to and keep it running is the tough bit.

Don't be surprised if people take the p..s when you go from 1000hp/kw (whatever) to won't change the exhaust for 12-18 months.

Man on that schedule we'll be out of fossil fuels by the time you get ready the uber rebuild.

[/quo

yeah everyone here is acting like its not possible for me to own a GTR. yeah...thinking about it now 1000hp is probably a little inaccessable....i'll be happy just having the car

I'm sorry but you fail.

You have stated you are living with your fiance at her parents house.

fiance turns in to wife (about same time sex turns to occasionally)

fiance turning in to wife means wedding.

20 years old, $25K saved, working in current job for 6mths means that after wedding you will be left with nothing.

You'll be creating threads about petrol prices in no time and asking what people get ou tof their RB20's per tank of fuel.

Look mate I may sound like an arsehole (which is usual) but you really haven't experienced "life" as yet.

sure you can pay the loan back to the bank at your current wage and situation.

where you gonna live when you get married?

you'll be renting.

rent = about 300-400 per week.

most people also require food. - $100 - 200 per week.

when you rent, you'll find that at night times, you'll want tto turn lights on. and possibly the stove for cooking of food.

month later electricity bill comes.

you'll want to ring mum and dad for comfort about the cost of living = house phone bill

you'll want to be contactable when your out = mobile phone bill.

you'll want access to the intraweb to argue with realistic idiots like me = ADSL bill (possibly dial up by this stage)

How about some furniture to sit on and sleep on in your new unit? = Fantastic furniture bill

perhaps a fridge and other applicances to store and cook the food = Good Guys bill

how do your "EASY" car loan repayments looking now?

I sound like an old man and compared to you I guess I am.

but it's the truth.

it costs money to own these cars.

it costs alot more to maintain them.

it costs even more than that to modify them.

it costs even morer than the more before this more to make double the stock power.

you want 5 times the stock power.

Welcome to reality.

Dude, here's some serious advice for free

If you have a fiancee, I take it you'll be getting married soon(ish).

Are you planning on living with her mummy and daddy for ever? If not, start to factor mortgage repayments on top of the repayments for your GTR loan. Add on top of that food, travel, electricity, water, gas phone, internet bills to start.

No doubt, being newly weds, you'll be going at it like rabbits. I'm pretty sure, you'll soon be saying, "don't worry hun, we're married, we don't need protection", right? Well, then start factoring in new baby costs into your equation.

Now, do you really think you can afford and R34 GTR?

from what I've read, you havent exactly won the lotto, and unless you some kind prodical genius, I'm pretty sure Subaru arne't paying you $150000 pa.

This is why people take the pi$$. Nothing you have stated on here credibly says you will buy and R34 GTR let alone get 1000hp out of it within the next 400yrs.

But - hey I could be wrong

I'm sorry but you fail.

20 years old, $25K saved, working in current job for 6mths means that after wedding you will be left with nothing.

You'll be creating threads about petrol prices in no time and asking what people get ou tof their RB20's per tank of fuel.

Look mate I may sound like an arsehole (which is usual) but you really haven't experienced "life" as yet.

you'll be renting.

when you rent, you'll find that at night times, you'll want tto turn lights on. and possibly the stove for cooking of food.

you'll want to ring mum and dad for comfort about the cost of living = house phone bill

you'll want access to the intraweb to argue with realistic idiots like me = ADSL bill (possibly dial up by this stage)

How about some furniture to sit on and sleep on in your new unit? = Fantastic furniture bill

perhaps a fridge and other applicances to store and cook the food = Good Guys bill

but it's the truth.

it costs even morer than the more before this more to make double the stock power.

Welcome to reality.

Damn you, you got your "let's be serious" post in before me.

I'm sorry but you fail.

you'll be renting.

but it's the truth.

Welcome to reality.

ok then...well by the sounds of it i was biting off way more than i could chew...thanks mate no one has explained it like that to me before. and ur not an arsehole..just a grumpy old man! haha! sorry i shouldn't bag u out after u've just given me the biggest realisation of my short life - I CAN'T AFFORD THIS CAR! Thanks heaps buddy! And thanks heaps to everyone else that criticised me! helps alot!