SAU Community

R34 Gtr

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL @ thread not being closed yet.

We should make a new section in this forum called "Do you want a supercar that costs the amount of a small country at the age of 15? Then please post here so we can bring you back to reality because the crack you are on must be really good."

:D

Its quite clear now that you have realised that you can not afford to own this car. That is good and it shows that you may have a grip on your priorities. Aside from the fact that you were unable to afford this car in reality its seems that you have $25,000 in the bank with which you can can make wise investments eg property(maybe keep saving for a while and take advantage of the cheap rent at the in laws). Congrats on actually saving something as most people these days seem to finance everything 100% with no deposit and a high interest rate(a lot of people on this forum probably owe more money on their car than it is worth). Make what seems to be the hard decision now and invest in your future not cars. With a bit of patience and a few wise decisions you may be able to afford that dream car in the 10 year plan(maybe earlier if your smart with your money). Be one of the smart people who has has a couple hundred thousand in equity in their property in a few years time and plan some more investments. This might all sound like a crock of shit to you right now but in a few years time you will be happy that you took some advice way back then. Do what most young people dont and go to a financial planner nad get some guidence on how to make it all happen, take the advice and put it into action and by the time your 25 you will have left most of your mates behind. Your on the right track just try not to get distracted along the way. What ever you do, make sure you dont finance any cars as its the worst decision most young people make.

Its quite clear now that you have realised that you can not afford to own this car. That is good and it shows that you may have a grip on your priorities. Aside from the fact that you were unable to afford this car in reality its seems that you have $25,000 in the bank with which you can can make wise investments eg property(maybe keep saving for a while and take advantage of the cheap rent at the in laws). Congrats on actually saving something as most people these days seem to finance everything 100% with no deposit and a high interest rate(a lot of people on this forum probably owe more money on their car than it is worth). Make what seems to be the hard decision now and invest in your future not cars. With a bit of patience and a few wise decisions you may be able to afford that dream car in the 10 year plan(maybe earlier if your smart with your money). Be one of the smart people who has has a couple hundred thousand in equity in their property in a few years time and plan some more investments. This might all sound like a crock of shit to you right now but in a few years time you will be happy that you took some advice way back then. Do what most young people dont and go to a financial planner nad get some guidence on how to make it all happen, take the advice and put it into action and by the time your 25 you will have left most of your mates behind. Your on the right track just try not to get distracted along the way. What ever you do, make sure you dont finance any cars as its the worst decision most young people make.

Very wise words, couldn't have said it better myself

once again someone gets shot down in flames for wanting to pursue a dream

man, you guys suck balls sometimes. kids got money saved, has worked his ass off for it and and wants to get his dream car.

at the age of 20 and to have 25K put away is pretty f*kn good if u ask me - how many of you guys had the same at that age? I'm older than that and still dont have anywhere that amount saved - and we all know that if any of us had that sum at 20 we'd feel like a millionaire.

It all comes down to sacrifice NGO - if you're willing to sacrifice things for a couple of years who's to say you can't get a loan, buy the car then pay the loan off in a couple of years? Agreed, it may not be the wisest decision according to some, but if you wanna put in the hard yards you could have it paid by the time you're 23-24 and still be able to make a start.

If you want it and its within reach, bust a nut or two and work to it. Even if it means mi-goreng breakfast lunch and tea, no going out, no drugs, partying, alcohol, spending 24hrs with the missus and her family....f*k bro...depends how bad you really want it!

Dont listen to these haters...they just wish they were in your position....

fiance

money

r34gtr

.....what does your mum do again?

lol j/k.

Point is...no regrets...you want it that bad....get it.

ur a genius. I was just trying to get one step ahead of my mates but now (thanks to everyone that has criticised me on this post) that doing it right now would be the worst decision i could possibly make, and i need to think about my future rather than looking good in front of my mates. And you're right. if i plan everything properly i mite still be able to get my dream car eventually. But i need to think about the things that are actually going to make a difference in my life rather than just buying the car i want. Thanks everyone for criticising my choice here. Its helped alot! And you're right i couldn't of said it better myself!

mate im 19 and have saved up a bit over $25gz and am still an apprentice. I wouldnt not for one second consider going out and buying an r34 gtr with the money i have busted my balls with to save up over the past 3 years. I think i have set myself a smarter goal by wanting to buy a house by the end of next year and not putting myself into dept with a car that by the time is payed off will be worth half of what i paid for it.

Not to mention that the guy has realised it was a stupid idea thinking that he would go out and buy himself an r34 gtr before buying a wiser investment and anyone who read this whole thread would have come to the same conclusion

btw this is directed to phantom32's reply

Edited by 4admrn

hey everyone, im looking at purchasing the almighty R34 GTR. I want it to be an absolute power house (however 206kw is heaps more than my current r32)..i want to know is it possible to get 1000kw? I atleast want to hit 800-900kw or have an even figure of 1000hp...or close to

Good luck.

mate im 19 and have saved up a bit over $25gz and am still an apprentice. I wouldnt not for one second consider going out and buying an r34 gtr with the money i have busted my balls with to save up over the past 3 years. I think i have set myself a smarter goal by wanting to buy a house by the end of next year and not putting myself into dept with a car that by the time is payed off will be worth half of what i paid for it.

Not to mention that the guy has realised it was a stupid idea thinking that he would go out and buy himself an r34 gtr before buying a wiser investment and anyone who read this whole thread would have come to the same conclusion

btw this is directed to phantom32's reply

good on you for saving up your cash. If you wanna go buy a house then yes, i would agree that it is the wiser option. Different strokes for different folks.

My point was - if you want something, work hard for it and get it.

No point looking back later in life and saying...'man i wish i.......'

You're only young once - you have your whole life ahead of you. Why not drive that nice sports car now as opposed to doing if when you're an old fart. How many of us look at old men in their porsches, with admiration but also thinking, he probably can't enjoy it half as much now than he would have 20 years ago?

Its just another point of view

i have been told time and time again by people i work with that are older than me and they have all told me the same thing. they all have spent all their money on cars and at the end of the day they said if they could do it again they would've bought a property instead

but everyone is different so its their own decision