How Did I Achieve 252rwkw At Just 8psi?

DRFT 14

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tell you the truth i am far from impressed from that dyno graph. Sure you made 252kw, but it's at the end of the rev range at a short peak burst, ok for dyno comps where only peak power matters, but shit for street driving and other events. I much prefer a "fatter" graph, one that has more usable power, this is were a ball/roller bearing turbo has it's advantages, as it spools up faster. Your result also depends on the size of your turbo as if it is a big turbo, i would assume 8psi is not even tickling it's efficiency range. Get some bigger injectors, change the w/g spring to 14psi, retune the ecu and see what happens :)

A graph of you boost response will help clear things up.

Here is a graph comparison between our cars, neglecting what people have stated about "hub dyno's read higher, etc...". Also keep in mind i am using 18psi on a 380hp turbo

Cheers for the graph mate. Your car looks like it would be alot more fun to drive! The turbo is rated at 500hp and is plain bearing. I always knew my car would not be a response monster. But anything over 4000rpm and shes a blast to drive, so im happy.

In regards to the "your car barely has 210rwkw" opinions, I raced a 220kw at the wheels turbo civic yesterday and absolutely left him for dead. I really dont think im making 210kw. But i will take it to a different dyno when the opportunity presents itself and see how I get on. I will be sure to update this thread.