SAU Community

Gtr Wont Start?

Rude Carz

yep yep, fuel filter is a newie..

its really hard to pull out the injectors with the plugs still attached and everything to watch em spray..

after lots and lots of cranks.. the plugs are still dry ... so i am assuming the injectors arnt pulsing?

the plugs have a nice spark right to the end of the plug.

i got a 55 on the diag for the ecu..

if its a 55 then the CAS must be 'working' then..

ahhhhh!!!! soo confused!

i hate cars haha

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate it has to be fuel!

You say that you have spark so that removes the CAS from you check list

If so then remove the fuel line from the return of your FPR and put it into a old plastic bottle and turn the ingintion on and see if the fuel is flowing after the injectors. should be about 2.5 -3 litres a minute for standard pumps without the engine running

If there is about the correct amount then replace the pipe then do as suggested above remove your fuel rail and injectors reconnect them so you can see if the injectors fire or spray but do unplug the CAS when doing this step. Did you clean out the fuel rail before reconnection the tested injectors, as you may have just re blocked them as there would have more than likely still been crud in the system if it was as bad as it sounds.

hmm, so the CAS controls spark too?

i am prety much CERTAIN its fuel..

i have clean the lines all the way to the metal line just after the filter..

when the injectors got cleaned i pulled the rail out and it looked clean.. ill get pics now, ill take some and post em on

is there a ground or seomthing that works in with the injector power?

dan

Ok, i pulled the rail out and all the inj's..

i didnt crank over the car cuz the battery was like at 8v..

i pulled a line off after the fuel filter to release the build up fuel pressure..

then i pulled the unjectors off one by one... when i pulled the first one out all this fuel came out and went on the intake manifold as

seen below..

when i looked in the rail i could see little bits of muck here and there but not anything bad..

even if there was a bit here and there.. the car should still start or atlease TRY.. its sounds like there is a) no fuel getting into the camber or b) electrical issue eg - grounding?

i got a nissan mechanic coming to have a looksie at it shortly.. so ill see how it goes..

10 bucks its something so little!! dammit cars hehe.

thanks guys

dan

note: all the sensors that have nothing connected to them are like that for ease of movement of the rail and so i dont break anything :)

100_7862.jpg

100_7861.jpg

have you installed the CAS correctly, it may be sparking but it may not be sparking at the end of compression.

are you getting any backfire through teh intake or anything? or even a halfish sound its about to start

i got nothing, it doesnt sound like it wants to start or anything.. its just cranks and cranks and cranks...

i tell ya, when i fix this, this tread should become sticky for all the other poor people with the same problem!

when aerostart is injected it prety much starts... sorta..

it sprays back out the vac line if that is backfire?? ha

dan

ok, just got a mate of mine that knows his shizzle with skylines.

i got a universal pressure gauge that shows a number of things on it inc fuel presh.. so i wacked in on the line and got a 'normal' reading.. but it was acutally air.. the pump was pump air not fuel. although i though that was strange cuz when i pulled the thing that jammed in the line i got lots of fuel that came out..

it turns out that the pump should be spraying fuel out across a three lane freeway.. i was getting some fuel pressure.. but not enough.. more like a drizzle.

so lessoned learnt...

outta all the things that it could have been and all the trouble shooting that i have done and hours of reading posts.. the fuel pump was never working properly.

can we make this a sticky?

hehehe yeah it was.. the thing is, i had fuel pressure cuz when i release the gauge for it lots of fuel came out.. that is why i assumed i had pressure..

anyways, there was nothing coming out the rreturn after the reg so there must not be enough pressure from the pump = pumped is buggerd!

dan

Take off an injector lead, turn ignition on, use aa test light to see if you have power to one of the wires in the injector plug. Injectors have direct battery power via a relay when ignition is turned on. The ECU grounds the injectors to switch them on so there will be power to all injectors with key on

You can check the CAS by removing it but leave it plugged, then rotate it, it should make the fuel pump start up as you rotate it.

Also make sure that the injector loom is actually plugged in and the CAS. I note also the air temp sensor is not plugged, check the plugs for the AFMs and anything else you may have unplugged.

i pulled out all the inj and cranked it with the plugs and packs in and it back fired and puffed and tried to start and blew a big puff of oil at me

liek smoke

maybe the plugs are farked even though there is a tad of spark at the end..

pull the inj and cranked.. all seem to be spraying fuel

should be more than a tad of spark. Your lucky it didnt blow up in your face, if your spraying the injectors externally you really should disable ignition system. Atomised fuel is very explosive.

dude have you checked your coils for cracks. also use another RB 26 ecu to test the car. and dont abuse your starter. check your compression and you ignition system. Are the coils firing correctly, maybe that the spark goes to the cylinder that is not under compression. check if your injectors are firing in order of compression. if i can be of more assistance PM me.

what do you mean? i pulled the CAS and everything is working well.. nothing is broken

i spun it abit and what not.. then put it back in..

could it be a grounding thing?

electrical?

the ecu is badly tuned or something is not right (even though its stock with a 55 reading)

ignitior?

coil packs?

i have said heaps of times, it trys its little heart out to start on 'start ya bastard/aerostart' so there has to be compression, right?

how do u check if there is spark under compression?

could there be spark but not enough to light the fuel? no spark under compression? really really really retarded timing

could there be enough compression to ignite the starter fuel but not the 98RON?

i hope that my block isnt stuffed!!!

GTRgeoff, where about do you live in brisbane?

do you think you would be able to come and have a looskie seen as you have a 32 GTR yourself?

thanks guys for your support :cheers:

dan

• 2 weeks later...