SAU Community

if you drive the car normally, than no need to take it off i rekon

people say when racing/drifting they dont like the car steering for itself but than some others say they like it

i personally removed it because it was cheaper to get a $70 lockbar than to find out what was wrong with my HICAS and repair it as the light would come on after 10min of driving

btw that 2kg your going to save aint going to = shit

I'd remove it, because it's dangerous when driving aggressively or on a race track

feels very bad and sometimes

But yeah in a 33 as above, you won't save much weight at all, since it's all electronic

In a 32 however you have lines, hicas p/s pump, front solanoid and rear solanoid/rack to remove, so you save quite a bit :(

I've just bought a lock bar for my GTST R33 and I'll install it before the next track day.

Allowing the computer to have input to where your rear wheels point is fine for a luxo barge cruising at 110km/hr with gentle sweepers.

Power sliding on a race track, the computer maybe up to the task, but the driver (esp a newbie like me) doesn't want the computer fiddling with where my rear end points (I have enough trouble already).

If you drive your skyline hard (like it was meant to be), then you want minimal input from the computer with respect to (rear wheel) steering.

I'll still let the computer manage ABS and air bags.

cheers,

Mike

if you drive the car normally, than no need to take it off i rekon

i personally removed it because it was cheaper to get a $70 lockbar than to find out what was wrong with my HICAS and repair it as the light would come on after 10min of driving

btw that 2kg your going to save aint going to = shit

Agreed.

iv had my car for about a good 3 weeks or so and i personally love it

i use it as a daily driver and do take corners hard at times and have also driven it hard through twisty roads and ye love it to bits. dont drift my car as id like to see it all straight not rapped around a pole lol

plus ill suck at it.