SAU Community

Need Help! :'(

hey guys,

I was connecting a horn to my R33 GTS, and i had it connected to a ciggarette lighter,the wires touched (i know i should have had them covered but too late now) and it blew a fuse. The fuse that blew was 15 amp and it was replaced with a 30amp.

i drove it for about an hour like that and the next day realised 30amp shouldnt be in there and swapped it for a 10amp. I also noticed that my clock was faded and wasnt getting any power. i tried to turn on my head unit and there is no power to the subs, the head unit or the clock.

My friend also noticed that everytime i turn on the car the clock re-sets (you can just see the numbers) and the air-con resets itself to 25'C. i checked all the fuses and they are all fine, and i checked that the head unit connections were all in place but there is nothing that appears to be wrong. Please any help would be great, i take listening to music for granted and i miss it!!! :)

Thanks guys in advance,

Mitch

There are too many possible problems...

1. Dead HU (more then likely, its dead anyway, cant tell by your description)

2. Fuses

3. controller and power boxes for AC, clock, etc

4. Melted wire (this is my bet, along with some other shit)

5. Rooted battery / altenator

6. rooted (electronic) internals here or there...

Thanks for your reply guys. i have checked all the fuses in the dash and in the engine bay, i just found out today there was a fuse box in the boot...but i was told if there is a blown fuse then there would be no electricity going through at all, which isnt the case...i can only just see the clock on both the head unit and the dash clock.

Ill go buy a a 15amp fuse tomorrow and see if that makes a difference. Would you guys rekon its worth taking to an auto electrician? Know of any good cheap ones on the coast that'll do the job for me?

Thanks again for your replies