SAU Community

Taking Off Manifold With Turbo Attached

Hey guys,

Gotta take the manifold and turbo off me SR in my S14.

Ive got aftermarket manifold and the bluddy studs keep coming loose on the T2 flange therefore creating a lovely exhaust leak, lag and no power down low.

So i was advised to take the manifold off WITH the turbo attached and just get longer studs and fix it that way and then bolt the lot on agian.

Ive got BRAIDED WATER LINES. Was just going to take the lot off, from the head manifols bolts and from the dump pipe bolts.

Anything i might have a problem with etc? Any tips?

The water and oil lines arnt pressurised so fluid shouldnt come out when disconnected right???

Thanks,

Edited by nissanmanS12

You might get a small amount of fluid loss but nothing major :cheers: Probably wont hurt to bleed the air out of your cooling system afterwoods...

Probably undo the dump pipe first, then the oil/water lines and then the head bolts. Braided lines makes things 10 times easier when putting it all back together...

Just take your time and you will be fine!

have a look and see what kind of clearance you have between the turbo and the strut tower before you start, then see how much of the stud you need to clear before you can lift the manifold off then calculate how much longer the new studs are to see if you'll have enough room to get it back in.. as long as it works out to be ok then you'll be fine mate.

with water lines you should be sweet if as soon as you disconnect them, you raise it so water doesnt flow through them. otherwise you'll lose around 2-3L of coolant and have some nasty air pockets in your motor which you'll have to bleed.

Edited by SECURITY

Thanks guys!

Can get "GRUB SCREWS" from Conventry Fastners in SA which chris from JMS recommended when using a aftermarket mani.

Appreciate the help guys.

Theres plenty of room for longer studs in there... the turbo sits quite far away from the strut tower compared to a RB.

Thats a bluddy good point tho... i never actaully thought about that :nyaanyaa: