SAU Community

Lookin For A Mechanic & Window Issue

RYD11R

Hey All,

Could anyone recommend a reasonably priced mechanic to me? I live in Sydney's Western Suburbs and my old mechanic has decided to close down. My car is due for major service soon and i wanted to know if u guys could help me find someone who understands the cars but doesn't charge amounts like 1k for a timing belt change as a certain motor-sports workshop quoted me. I appreciate all advice/references given thanks.

In addition my drivers side window is playing up i dunno if its the motor or switch sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't so if anyone with an R32 is free to do a quick switch test then i can find out if its the motor or switch....

Thanks

Jason

Try to do the belt ur self for $1k mate..!!

Window, Mmmm, mine has a little silly session occasionally, but I think its a cable/connector issue.

I'll let u try mine if you want to tho'.

Try to do the belt ur self for $1k mate..!!

Window, Mmmm, mine has a little silly session occasionally, but I think its a cable/connector issue.

I'll let u try mine if you want to tho'.

Thanks Rich what i might do is go to SSS on saturday and ask them to borrow a switch to try....... But timing belt i dun want to rish fing my car up.....

Timing belt can be done with a little care.

I changed mine with some good advice before-hand of course.

Take your time, get it right, get it checked if possible too.

I changed all seals, pulleys and belt... yep, I took best part of 4 hrs to do it, but now I have done it, I'd do it again.

I have to say thet it was a needs must job though. I noticed an oil leak, opened the cover, found a piece the size of my thumb-nail actually missing.

Actually suprised a few people with it to be honest, they could not believe I was still running the car... ahhhh..!, ignorant bliss!!

I do suppose it is an advantage when I have done many other belts on cars before I suppose, and yeap, I've had 'em snap before as well.

...... they call me Mr good-luck now though, we reakon we were power-tuning while this belt was shot..! Sooooo close to a $10k rebuild, and I never even knew it..!

D'oh!