Is Bov Vent Better Than Plumback?post Views-poll-

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a stocky plumbed back with bigger hose.. my wang is bigger too...

ps.. i think a canary would be fun for a few days but for hks ssq noise for 3 days... whatever more than the $50 im willing to spend on this throw away item... meh

post-22883-1194404306_thumb.jpg

I liked the bov "pshttt" noise... lol

I bought a GFB hybrid bov, it can vent 100% to atmo, be 50/50 or do full recirc.

Soon after, my car started stalling like crazy on 100% atmo, I adjusted it to 50/50, same thing. My car became ver unreliable, it would stall in the middle of the traffic lights, on the freeway doing 100 KM/h, and so on. It became dangerous to drive it as I never knew when it would stall. And no, as The Mafia said, "surprisingly" the chicks did not flash their tits and vaginas at me after I did a fully sick BOV noise! :D

I decided to take the atmo bov off and fitted back my stock one. No more stalling and my car is as reliable as it was before.

Ive learned my lesson...

Edited by Modena

I bought a GFB hybrid bov, it can vent 100% to atmo, be 50/50 or do full recirc.

Soon after, my car started stalling like crazy on 100% atmo, I adjusted it to 50/50, same thing. My car became ver unreliable, it would stall in the middle of the traffic lights, on the freeway doing 100 KM/h, and so on. It became dangerous to drive it as I never knew when it would stall. And no, as The Mafia said, "surprisingly" the chicks did not flash their tits and vaginas at me after I did a fully sick BOV noise! :D

I decided to take the atmo bov off and fitted back my stock one. No more stalling and my car is as reliable as it was before.

Ive learned my lesson...

you obviously have an automatic? this is a common problem for automatics. not sure exactly why but doesnt seem to stall manuals.

i love my GFB stealth FX... and i love the sound it makes... i have it 2 or 3 clicks of closed so it just makes the pphhhshshhh sound... it sounds great...dont see how liking that sound makes me a wanker...but hey. i think those stupid haircuts some people get to make their heads look like penis's are wankers...but thats just my opion and i dont go around telling people that or making a big point about it... its all taste.

the point about exhaust size and volume sums it up wonderfully.

btw i have no problems with stalling or anything like that, car runs fine full atmos or full pb...

maybe you should just go and drive a barina or something...but then again thats just my opinion and it doesnt make you a wanker!

cant say i have ever heard of manuals stalling due to BOV. never had any problems and neither have my mates

if its a car running an AFM then yes you should get stalling problems, because your engine isnt receiving the amount of air the AFM said it is. If you dont get stalling problems, from idle if you blip the throttle, when the revs drop back down, they should drop below your set idle rpm for a second before coming back up.

if thats not the case, then your tacho is shifty :thumbsup:

Here are a few quotes of my own to the last fool that started a BOV thread.

If you don't understand what a vent to atmosphere does to the AFM measuring system, and how it completely stuffs up your ECU air readings, sell your skyline, and buy a pushbike.

Skylines DO NOT NEED ATMOSPHERIC BLOW OFF VALVES UNLESS YOU ARE PUSHING MASSIVE POWER.

f**ken idiots.

Read on

ATMO when you don't need it, is for wankers.

You want to keep creating a bad image for all other skyline owners, go ahead. I'll sell mine and buy something thats image hasn't been f**ked in the ass by a whole heap of try hards.

I have a 300rwkw Skyline and I'm still running the factory BOV. Why? Because the car doesn't stall, the cops don't hear it, and so I don't look like a wanker.

Seriously, when was the last time chicks came running out flashing their tits and vaginas trying to get into your car because they heard the sound of your BOV? 98% of people that hear it think you're a try hard wanker. That is the complete truth.

No one cares that your car goes whoosh and backfires everytime you change gears.

ok no worries. So you're running an ecu with a map sensor that pushing over 350rwkw and more than 20psi of boost and has a massive turbo that requires such a blowoff valve?

Refer to my point above.

Either that, or you have needs to be a dickhead, and attract unwanted attention of the cops, and have them hate us skyline owners more?

Its just pure f**king wank, no more. As I have said in many other ATMO BOV thread trolling, if you have a MAF and put a ATMO BOV on then you obviously want your car to run like shit, and think that girls get wet as soon as they hear it and will try and get into your car and get your fly down.

I think its just as bad as all of these people deliberately trying to make their car "dose"

The only thing that I will approve, is a nice big whistle if a turbo drawing in some air through a windowed compressor cover, ready to lay some rubber.

All the rest is just un-needed wank shit, unless you are pushing big power and the stock parts can't handle it anymore.

I'm running 300rwkw, with a stock plumbed back BOV, and it doesn't leak. Works perfectly.

when just crusing around, go atmo, and pick up the chicks!

lolololol.

How about you just use the stock one?

Mine is still there; and I have a GT3076 pushing 18psi - 20psi and 300rwkw.

Doesn't bat an eyelid, and the cops don't care because they can't hear the engine wanking itself under the bonnet.

rofl

I'd go crazy if my car did that stupid shit all the time.

I had a atmo once, tried it to see if the standard one was leaking, and my car stalled and ran like a piece of shit when off the throttle. Couldn't get it off the car quick enough.

I'm thinking of changing them actually.

But at least they don't go "WWWOWOOOOOOSSHHHH, HEY COPS, COME AND BOOK ME AND HASSLE ALL SKYLINE DRIVERS"

Edited by The Mafia

Soon after, my car started stalling like crazy on 100% atmo, I adjusted it to 50/50, same thing. My car became ver unreliable, it would stall in the middle of the traffic lights, on the freeway doing 100 KM/h, and so on. It became dangerous to drive it as I never knew when it would stall. And no, as The Mafia said, "surprisingly" the chicks did not flash their tits and vaginas at me after I did a fully sick BOV noise! :thumbsup:

Ive learned my lesson...

!!! someone learnt their lesson! omfg

lol nice work

not trying to start an argument with some of you guys but your getting pretty emotional about this whole topic, and yes vent to air on a pretty stock car is a bit of a wank as the air flow meter does need plum back for the engine to run properly but some people do like the noise myself included (the simple noise not the BOV that play a frigging song tho lol) im currently building an engine that hopfully will rip undies and am going to run a trust type R vent to atmo (will be running an autronic, map sensor not air flow meter)

but seriously if soeone likes to have a vent to atmo valve on their car you dont really need to jump down their throat until you change their minds and ill say it again yes its anoying to have a loose atmo valve that goes of even when you change gears whilst jst cruising along

"when was the last time chicks came running out flashing their tits and vaginas trying to get into your car because they heard the sound of your BOV?"

hahah i pissed myself when i read that

and who ever has that signature with Rarry Drive Skyrine? that is one of the funniest things i have seen lmao

oh and btw Plum Back for the person who doesnt want to look like a wank stain and stall all the time :)

i constantly change between my ssq bov, and my stock plumb back one.

ive never had any probs with the ssq vta bov. no leaks, and none of this stalling urban myth.

usually run the vta, but i do agree it can get anoying, it is really great when just cruising.

but when u floor it, everyone can hear and know u are fanging it, then comes the PPPSSSCCCTTTTHHH.

now with the stock bov, u can floor it without the 'wanker, tryhard' factor.

vta good for cruisin/showing off.

plumb back= good for drags, drift etc. especially at night keeps it quiet...er

*i just use a broom handle stick to block off the return hose

u have to ask yourself can a plumb back do this

rofl

Edited by r33cruiser

and none of this stalling urban myth.

urban myth? You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Have you seen how many threads there are on SAU talknig about how the put a Vent to atmo BOV on their car and it stalls like a bitch afterwards?

Some people like to lead people in the wrong direction... and its bullshit.

urban myth? You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Have you seen how many threads there are on SAU talknig about how the put a Vent to atmo BOV on their car and it stalls like a bitch afterwards?

Some people like to lead people in the wrong direction... and its bullshit.

BOV threads are easily the most popular discussion right after "how do I make my car flutter?" :worship:

by the way what "dose" or sumtin, heard it mentioned earlier in the thread, oh an this guy should calm down a bit i think GTST Posted Today, 11:15 AM

I hope all you bov f**kers get aidz from a ghey donkey

just a little bit out of line, and ill back it up that the stalling thing is not an urban myth, i think its alot worse on SR20 than on rb's tho, used to have a gtst with a hks ssq an it didnt stall, did backfire alot tho, and before this looser gtst tell me to go f**k my mum or sumtin cause i have an atmo on my car, yes i took it off cause it got annoying but i think for high power applications vent to atmo is understandable, but then again people wouldnt know how much power your making an just think your a wanker thats if you really care what people think so much