SAU Community

RB20/RB25 Coby Extractors Group Buy - expressions of interest

Greg

EXTRACTORS HVAE BEEN ORDERED, EXPECT DELIVERY IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS

Info

1989-98 Nissan Skyline R32, R33 - RB20, RB25 DOHC. 1 1/2" Primary 1 3/4" Secondary 2" Outlet D12

Standard finish is orange paint which reportedly burns off on first use. The extractors are mild steel.

cookm and Ryno have these extractors. Click here for more info

People who have ordered

Greg (me) - PAID

R33Glenn - PAID

NA_R33 - PAID

naiwiboo - PAID

_turtle_ - PAID

thanks for the sticky :(

god damn i recomend this to people, although i didnt get extractors when my car was n/a, i was going to buy second hand jap extractors for 700!

so go for it i reckon guys

For your info guys... When I bought my Cobe extractors (In NZ for my GTS25) I was told Cobe do not make different extractors for the RB20DE. The one set of extractors is used for both types of engine... I guess it's a happy medium.

Originally posted by Ryno

For your info guys... When I bought my Cobe extractors (In NZ for my GTS25) I was told Cobe do not make different extractors for the RB20DE. The one set of extractors is used for both types of engine... I guess it's a happy medium.

What do you think of the extractors? Good increase in performance? any decrease?

I was pretty sure cookm posted some info on the different size pipe used for RB20 compared to RB25 extractors in the N/A thread but i might be mistaken. i'll confirm with Autopia.

here's that info:

1986-98 Nissan Skyline RB20 2000cc SOHC. 1 1/2" Primary 1 5/8" Secondary D6 234.82

1989-98 Nissan Skyline R32, R33 - RB20, RB25 DOHC. 1 1/2" Primary 1 3/4" Secondary 2" Outlet D12 279.45

so Ryno you were right: they make one set of extractors for the RB20DE and RB25DE, but they do make specific ones for the RB20E (sohc). if anyone has an RB20E (i think these were only in R33's as the shitty base model) you'd better let me know or you'll get the wrong ones!

Originally posted by Greg

What do you think of the extractors? Good increase in performance? any decrease

I already had a 2 1/2 inch exhaust system before I got the extractors fitted, so I didn't notice a major leap in peak power. The big thing you'll notice is the improvement in torque, they make the engine far more flexible. I'm stoked with them, as I wasn't expecting much of an improvement.

When you get them they're painted bright orange, unfortunately after you run it the first time the orange paint flakes off. It's a shame, as I thought the orange pipes looked good sticking out the side of the engine.

sweet yeah i already have 2.5" exhaust as well, but any torque gains i'll be happy with. so i guess your extractors have gone a bit rusty now? i might look into getting them hpc coated or something to stop rust and to keep the heat in...

i wasnt expecting too much from extractors, maybe some more top end and a better sounding exhuast note.

if the torque increase to quite noticable, then that makes it even better!!! and considering the price as well, its a steal !

though i dont like orange=, chrome or black or me but its someting i can live with

Originally posted by NS2500

I'm in. Ready when you are.

Does anyone have any idea how long they take to fit? Is it something that's pretty straight forward?

Id say its pretty much unbolt the old one, and bolt on the new one.

Can i please get sum info if the extractors come with a new gasket and if the existing system has an O2 sensor on it ? i havent had a look at my extractors under the heat shield yet, i might have to get mine modified cos i have a new flanged CAT and maybe its not a direct fit but never the less i am all for it.

Cheers

:D

The extractors come with the gasket, and they have the oxygen sensor input... But you will have to get them welded to your cat either way, as they don't bolt on at that end