SAU Community

Rb30 Cross-platform Parts

Careless

Hey dudes,

I'm wondering if anyone has some part numbers regarding certain Items that are commonly replaced on RB30's during a complete tear down and rebuild.

Does anyone have a list of things they usually use when building these engines, or atleast what engines they borrow them from.

My main concern is the rear seal, and the bolts for it. can I use an RB25 unit with success, or would an RB26 unit make more sense?

should I buy bolts from the RB25 or 26 block for the water pump and all that.

What about the key way? and how about that crank drive gear and the washers for and aft?

basically, anything internal or has to do with the bottom end that needs replacing, or should atleast be replaced since we're down there... let me know!

I'm trying to put together a somewhat more complete parts list that perhaps cubes can attach to his guide, or can be hosted on my website when I get around to it.

Much appreciated, fellas

Raff

Edited by Careless

• 4 weeks later...
Hey dudes,

I'm wondering if anyone has some part numbers regarding certain Items that are commonly replaced on RB30's during a complete tear down and rebuild.

Does anyone have a list of things they usually use when building these engines, or atleast what engines they borrow them from.

My main concern is the rear seal, and the bolts for it. can I use an RB25 unit with success, or would an RB26 unit make more sense?

should I buy bolts from the RB25 or 26 block for the water pump and all that.

What about the key way? and how about that crank drive gear and the washers for and aft?

basically, anything internal or has to do with the bottom end that needs replacing, or should atleast be replaced since we're down there... let me know!

I'm trying to put together a somewhat more complete parts list that perhaps cubes can attach to his guide, or can be hosted on my website when I get around to it.

Much appreciated, fellas

Raff

I hate to sound rude, but the fact that people who claim to have built these engines reply to every thread on this site, yet can't answer this one with any sort of information regarding small block parts like bolts and whatnot is pretty pathetic.

I'm sure there are plenty of builders out there who have done this time and time again. Is it so much to ask which parts you guys use to REPLACE worn parts on a RB30 block?

Come on fellas.

Raff

you're asking for quite a bit, yet you call lack of responses "pathetic". And you wonder why no one has replied?

You're also askign someone to do all of the hard work for you.

I am going to do a RB30 build soon, and I'll be flying blind. But I am more than capable of researching things as I go.

So if you're nice, and I could be bothered, I'll come back and post in your demanding thread?

I hate to sound rude, but the fact that people who claim to have built these engines reply to every thread on this site, yet can't answer this one with any sort of information regarding small block parts like bolts and whatnot is pretty pathetic.

I'm sure there are plenty of builders out there who have done this time and time again. Is it so much to ask which parts you guys use to REPLACE worn parts on a RB30 block?

Come on fellas.

Raff

Since we have many rb30's over here and many spare parts for rb30's generally it's easier and cheaper just to buy rb30 parts, so most people on here would not even care to cross reference parts.

Come on fellas.

Raff

why would businesses or enthusiasts want to give you their hard learned knowledge for free when you act like an idiot on the forum basically demanding they help you? you want everyone to share info they have learned over the years but what are you sharing except for your bad attitude? I'm not surprised no one is replying.

basically every post you have made on SAU is to leech information from people here about your build. which is fair enough. plenty of people have helped you out. but when you don't get what you want straight away and want to abuse un-named for not responding that is too much.

why would businesses or enthusiasts want to give you their hard learned knowledge for free when you act like an idiot on the forum basically demanding they help you? you want everyone to share info they have learned over the years but what are you sharing except for your bad attitude? I'm not surprised no one is replying.

basically every post you have made on SAU is to leech information from people here about your build. which is fair enough. plenty of people have helped you out. but when you don't get what you want straight away and want to abuse un-named for not responding that is too much.

I'm glad someone else finally put you in your place and I didn't have to waste my time typing this. Beer Baron is 100% correct.

Raff, your attitude stinks and if you were nicer I'm pretty sure people that did it themselves (not mechanics) would have helped.

Pull the engine down and have a look - its pretty bloody obvious what will need to be replaced.

First of all. Incase you guys didn't notice. I live on the side of the planet where neither RB of any kind was available. Finding parts is not the easiest thing to do, and while you guys don't have to cross reference anything, I DO. and I've tried. It's not as easy as you think, especially when the RB30 isn't even listed in the resources that I have available.

Infact, I don't even know anyone with an RB30 FSM, let alone a F.A.S.T CD catalogue. Only the RB20, 25, and 26 (and a 28, for some reason) are listed in the FAST catalog. THAT IS WHY im asking for cross ref parts.

BAMR33:

Since we have many rb30's over here and many spare parts for rb30's generally it's easier and cheaper just to buy rb30 parts, so most people on here would not even care to cross reference parts.

If you buy RB30 parts, then you would get the part number on the bag. If someone was kind enough to give me THAT part number, then I could use the RB30 one too, and I wouldn't have to guess at RB25 and 26! I CANT DO THAT because in order for me to place a parts request for an RB part at a dealership here, I need to know the EXACT PART NUMBER. They don't have the overseas cars on their FAST system here, but they do have access to the parts tree, and can get the parts if I supply the number them.

Just as an example ,the RB26 and RB25 crank gear are 88 and 22 dollars respectively. THATS WHY i'd like to know what works, or if someone can give me the part numbers for the RB30. Because the RB25 one is 3 times less, and if I had the RB30 number itself, I could just order that and be done with.

BEER BARON

Excuse me? Hard learned knowledge? IM ASKING FOR A PART NUMBER. I'm not asking to leech information, I was asking if someone could look through the SAME PARTS catalogue or SAME resources they have when ordering parts for themselves, or if anyone know which parts will work on said crank snout, as I'm being hopeful that someone has once tried.

IT'S NOT THAT HARD WHEN YOU HAVE ACCESS TO LOCAL PARTS INFORMATION. GET IT? Good.

When you DON'T have access, you need to have someone look it up for you. So excuse me if I think that that the lack of response is pathetic. Maybe it's because you don't get what I really need. I'm not asking for someone to cough up their findings (whatever the hell you think those are). I'm just asking for a simple part number that I KNOW you guys have ordered before. ESPECIALLY SINCE the easiest way to take the damn thing off when rebuilding an engine is to BREAK IT OFF.

EVERYTHING i've asked for has been something that someone somewhere on this forums has bought EASILY because it's available to them.

When you buy a crank sprocket from Nissan, you could just ask them what you need, whether you know the part number or not, and the PART NUMBER would be on the bag when you pick it up. THERE IS NO RESEARCH INVOLVED because you guys have regular parts stock at your local dealerships.

The Mafia

I'm glad someone else finally put you in your place and I didn't have to waste my time typing this. Beer Baron is 100% correct.

Raff, your attitude stinks and if you were nicer I'm pretty sure people that did it themselves (not mechanics) would have helped.

Pull the engine down and have a look - its pretty bloody obvious what will need to be replaced.

Another one. You don't even know what I'm asking for either. I KNOW WHAT HAS TO BE REPLACED. IM asking for the NUMBERS that I can use to ORDER IT. why are you making it so difficult? You don't need to be a mechanic or work at Nissan to have the answers. It's pretty "bloody obvious" that you're just jumping on the "lets hate Careless" bandwagon to get your word in. Next time read my post before you reply.

Do you understand why I find it pathetic that no one has this information now? Especially since I've seen a number of parts numbers for other stuff around this board? Don't accuse me of being bitter when it seems like people are withholding information for reasons I do not know. I tend to find this board good in terms of technical knowledge, which is why i asked here, in hopes of someone knowing the parts numbers. It seems as though everyone (even people I've seen in threads regarding RB30 rebuilds) are ignoring what I'm asking.

Fair?

Sorry for the attitude but your reasons for not helping suck too, especially when you don't understand what I'm looking for, which wasn't too hard to gather if you've read the 3 or 4 threads that I've made in the first place, which were asking the same questions in different formats so maybe it would be easier to understand.

Again, I despised saying it, but it is pretty pathetic. I wasn't asking for tricks, I was asking for simple info like "hey for the water pump, you could use any RB25/26 bolt, yada yada yada

I don't know why this blew up like it did. Oh wait, yes I do. because you guys didn't even properly read what I was asking kindly for. And I asked for it 3 times and waited.

Also, incase you didn't notice, I was going to do this so I could append it to cubes guide, or atleast make one of my own, but I'm not sure if I want to even bother anymore.

Raff

Edited by Careless

And one more thing, since apparently I'm a leech.

Before you go accusing me of leeching and bringing nothing to this board, I ask you to take a look at this thread.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...p;#entry3209531

Not only did i post my findings, but I went a step further to help you guys find parts where other parts are hard to come by. Just in case someone down the road needed the information that I went around searching for....

I was hoping that by this time, someone would have a similar listing of parts for the bottom end.

Is it to much to ask someone to do the same, or at least even less? (no sleuthing involved in RB30 crank gears, just a part number).

Sorry for asking.

Edited by Careless

i know that between the rb bottom ends the same oil pump / rear main seals can be used.

Most of the bolts are all the same - its very similar setup.

And thank you, specifically, for being the only person who understands what I was asking for.