SAU Community

Turbo Options

Hey everyone,

I had planned to go with a pair of the Garrett 2860r-5 turbos but im now thinking to research what the next step up in potential power flow would be. The aforementioned turbos will potentially flow a combined 720hp. Which is plenty, but im still curious as to what the next step up is? Keeping in mind i do not want high mount/aftermarket manifolds and want to keep the twin setup. Ideally im after another garrett option, just the next one up the ladder.

Any thoughts will be much appreciated,

Deren

Had planned on these myself though with Slide temporarily out of action, damit!!! might look at alternatives myself these were definitly no. 1 pick though.

Any bigger like the 2860 -10 (reputedly about gtrs size) and lag becomes an issue I believe unless running like 2.8 etc though if lag isnt an issue they might be okay, might have read the need a diferent manifold, turbo flange adapter whateva sure someone will correct that if I am wrong.

Going for response myself. :P

Yeah i aggree with the regard to response, its important to be able to drive it comfortably on the street but i want the potential to crank them up for big power in the future. I guess 700+hp is big enough, maybe im just greedy :P I've noticed though that sometimes manufacturers say they will make xxxhp but when it comes down to it they are really pushed to the limit to produce these figures. Anyone had any real big numbers out of the 2860r-5's?

Deren

Yeah i aggree with the regard to response, its important to be able to drive it comfortably on the street but i want the potential to crank them up for big power in the future. I guess 700+hp is big enough, maybe im just greedy :P I've noticed though that sometimes manufacturers say they will make xxxhp but when it comes down to it they are really pushed to the limit to produce these figures. Anyone had any real big numbers out of the 2860r-5's?

Deren

"They will make"...not the correct wording...

Turbo's do not make the power.....lol

They will support....yes.

Max that is....350hp each..total of 700Hp

This is not at the wheels also.

Any larger than the -5's will see you in lag town....unless you have increased the capacity and put a set of poncams in.

Expect to see max...around 350Kw's at the wheels with the right mods on a stock motor on 1.5 Bar.

Good luck

• 1 month later...
Any larger than the -5's will see you in lag town....unless you have increased the capacity and put a set of poncams in.

On a 3L bottom? (26 head)

Anyone done -5's on the 3L? Or the -10's?

Im leaning towards -10's due to the fact its a 3L but very keen to hear opinions :(

I realise they will not make the power. I also realise the power figure quoted isnt at the wheels :) Its a rough HP/flow figure. Its all going on a built rb26. 26 bottom end and 26 head. Planning on using the 2860-5's. I think i was just getting greedy :)

Deren