SAU Community

No Power In 4th

hey guys, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before, i was racing my car at the drags and had no traction so i ran a 14.6 at 163km/h but anyways when i went to do my 5th run for the day i hit 4th gear and it just didnt wanna rev like it had lost all its power wouldnt gain speed or rev's. and im pretty shore while i was holding threw 3rd it was pinging i could hear a slight taping noise all the way threw 3rd. now i just wanna know why i had no power in 4th?????? it was 1.30pm and probly 30'c max that night i went for a drive and went threw all the gears hard and it didnt miss a beat pulled all the way threw 4th ??????? whats going on

1400r. oh thats very helpful info i didnt think the ecu did that on the skyline never read about it b4 thats all but it makes sence, thanx for your help guys i guess i need to run it on dyno again n get a retune, the last place that did it are a bunch of ................. only went there cause they are the only place in my town with a dyno but i will travel this time

the intake sucking closed can be fixed pretty cheap.

search for "intake" by user "rev210"

he had a little article about his simple and effective fix.

also, if you could hear pinging while drag racing, with a helmet... it must have been pinging pretty farking badly..

and it would explain why the ecu woudl retard the timing so you couldn't kill the motor.

I'd definitely have it checked on a dyno to see how the current tune is..

is it tuned?

is there an aftermarket ecu in there?

here is the link for the intake mod

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...9&hl=intake

stock ecu and 11 psi and pinging..

where exactly are you?

just go to any dyno place to do a power run and ask to get a print out of your A:F ratio reading.

normally a stock ecu'd R33 goes rich.. if your's is leaning out, it might be a fuel pump/filter/injector issue.

5hrs up the coast from brissy Gladstone. . . There is only 1 dyno place in town and they know bugger all. Charged me $60 to clean the T/B when i figured out all they used was a can of T/B CArby cleaner for $6.00

yeah thats not a bad idea, fuel pump/filter/injector. going to do a compression test, then go from there i think.

hey guys well i do have a piggy back computer its an safc it is tuned well was about 3 mnths ago so yes i think im up for a retune but dnt want to go anywear hear again. thanx for all the input guys and yeh im not 100% if it was piniging or not but only one way to find out i guess (dyno)

GTST, i have a print out and i scaned it but it didnt bring up the numers like on the x and y axis and it wnt upload it for sumreason from wha ti can see it runs approx on 12 till the car hits 120kmh then it dips to 11.5 and slowy rises back up to 12 towards 170kmh, and no there has been no modifications since this tune all i have done is change the oil and its running the same oil just new stuff, it had new plugs gapped at 0.8mm and the mods include fmic/3inch dump pipe/3.5inch cat back, stock cat, apexi safc, pod filter, boost controller set at 11.5psi

if it is the intake sucking closed, you can do the mod in the link above.

it will cost you next to nothing.

but the only way to see if it is sucking closed is on a dyno.

or remove bonnet, strap a mate on the front guard, then go for a fang and ask him what he can see.

could be fun.. ;)