SAU Community

Tried All Things But Failed

to cut along story short

Got new rda slotted rotors front with some new generic pads (maxistop pads i think)

Got new rda slotter rotors rear with some other generic pads (mcb kevlar)

installed them as follows

cleaned all shims and applied orange anti squeel glue on them

chamfered all pads leading and traling edge on an angle

bled all 4

bed them in as descibred somehwre here on the forum (a few stops from 80 to 40 medium brake than some from 100 to 70 with hard pressure than drove for 10minutes to cool them before turning car off)

and they still freaking squeal, only when coming to a stop say 30km/h or less

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

getting braided lines within a week or 2 so will take them out and check if the pads are glazed, also will do a full brake fluid flush which should help pedal feel

any ideas??

rand up nissan and they want approx $180 for the anti squeal shim kit which i dont want to pay (mine are a bit rusty and thought maybe a new set with the copper grease will fix it if it was a cheap price)

Try a real stop bed in session.

5 stops from about 120 to 20 then drive to cool off the discs.

personally I prefer racebrakes pads. Also consider chucking in a master cylinder stopper but those and lines won't stop the squeal.

forgot to mention also have a master cylinder stopper

i will need to bleed the abs unit too is that right?? any instructions on how to?

i will try the real bed in session when i get a chance but its hard to do coz people looking at you think you've lost it haha

cleaned all shims and applied orange anti squeel glue on them

There are three mating surfaces where you could apply the glue - pad to shim, shim to shim, and shim to piston. I *think* shim to piston is the critical one. I also left the grease between the shims. Cleaning it off may not have been a good idea.

Mate i'm in the same boat as you... i've tried bloody everything and spent so much fkn money and they squeak / squeel worse than ever. It's soo excrutiating!! I've tried 2 dif ABS places and both say the same "only so much you can do with skylines".. and both end up with same result. I've got new pads, new rotors and back plate thingy that ur suppose 2 try for skylines and its no use... still squeak.. i hate it!

My rear brakes (mainly rear right) are squealing at the moment.

I too just changed to RDA slotteds front and rear. I have EBC greenstuff on the front and they appear to be fine. It's the Bendix Ultimates on the rear that worry me (doesn't seem very popular this pad?). I am thinking that for the street these are just too hard or require a bit of temp to get them grippy. On the front they may be fine but the rear propbably wouldn't be doing much work. I might just try the Bendix CT or something else cheap in the rear and see how that goes.

A friend had RB74's in his car and no matter what combination of anti-squeel product or method of bedding we used they would squeel badly. Once you got them hot they were great but as soon as you cruised and went to stop that last little bit of light braking would just scream. Put the standard pads in and it was fine. Ended up changing brands on the front and putting standards in the rear.

It was a little while ago but my friend got the nissan rear pads for about $115.. depends on the dealership and the guy I guess.

I'll probably just get whatever's cheap at Repco etc.