Dyno Day 22 September 2007 Saturday

a20089

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gah shouldnt have gone, all i could think about from after my run until now is what i need to do/spend in order to get more power and beat Leighs Forester haha.

142.2kW :)

On the topic of redemption, what are some good starts for upgrades, goal is set at 200kW by the next dyno day.

Cejay warned me about this at the Shannons Wheels haha "Lets see how long you leave it stock"

Was a lot of fun though, had to head off early though to get some things done in canberra before heading back to work so probably missed some good runs, dam work :X

DYNO DAY RESULTS

323 Turbo Nic W 89.0

VRV8 SS Como Julian C 132.0

R33 GTS-T Baconer 142.9

Forester XTL Leech 146.5 @ 4 wheels

WRX Daniel 152.2 @ 4 wheels

R33 GTS-T Towlie 152.4

R33 GTS-T Frink 154.1

R31 Jester 159.3

Liberty Raymond 162.5 @ 4 wheels

R32 GTS-T rb20tR32 177.0

XR6 Turbo ute Superfly 194.0

NIZ 67R R33 GTR Car yard 203.5

EF XR8 Stewart 204.8

JAZ70 Supra TT Leigh 205.3

Falcon Turbo Andrew 220.6

R33 GTS4 (rb26) Jeremy 242.6 @ 4 wheels

R33 GTS-T Adam 265.0

R33 GTR a20089 266.5 @ 4 wheels

The day was a great success with $110 raised on the day. With the Generous donation of $50 on Friday night and the $30 Ladybytes has, we now have $190.

Please post your dyno sheets and mods in the appropriate forced induction thread, even if stock they help others gauge their cars performance.

Thank you everyone for coming out and especially to FRINK for bringing so many friends.

Edited by a20089

Big props to a20089 for organising the day I thought it went very well and it has a much more group/social feeling to it than other dyno areas having that big screen. Plus I must say I was very impressed with the way Ultimate tunes handled the day as well... they had more than enough staff on hand, were happy to explain exactly what everything meant and even customised my dyno run when I asked them too so thanks Christian and the boys. Let me know when you can do some work with 07 XT foresters :P

Also i know it's not a skyline but here is my dyno sheet :P

post-5695-1190451528_thumb.jpg

Thanks for a well organised day. Yeah, there sure were plenty of people looking after each run, which was nice. I'm pretty (well, very) happy with how my car went. I should thank Julian (widebody32) for getting it in its current shape!

It was good to meet you John, and to catch up with Ben (Sl33py).

Even though I couldn't stick around for the whole day yeah was great fun! Thanks John/a20089. as Adam said, good to catch up with the people we've met previously, and meet new ppl - Luke et al. Yeah the big screen made it more social, instead of cramming in and craning your neck to see a tiny CRT on a desk :P Wish my car was ready, but at any rate I'll definitely go back there for a run when it is. Very nice setup at Ultimate Tunes.

Also good to see that (assuming my car runs as it did last time), it's pretty healthy compared to other R33s :P Hope those who can will post their runs as suggested above!

The R31 was impressive (think Jester was suprised as well from his response "WTF is THAT??!" hahah), a20089 - did you catch the dyno guys choking with all the fuel in the room? hahaha And what was emblem on the front of the Liberty that looked like and L and then another upside down L underneath it? Some japanese badge?

Time for an avatar change Adam? heheh - thanks for the quick spin!

Edit: haha changed your avatar before I could correct my typo :D

Edited by sl33py

Also i know it's not a skyline but here is my dyno sheet :P

haha dam, all i wanted was to just beat yours and you out did me by 4kW

I'll get you next time, the bug is implanted now :P

Edited by Baconer

And, just like that, my car is now up for sale (much to sl33py's dismay I'm sure).

Here's the link for anyone interested in seeing the dyno sheet, if not the rest.

I'm doing it a little sooner than I'd imagined.. and I'm feeling pretty crap right about now; but who knows, maybe I won't get any bites and I can keep it a while longer :(

I figured I'd try and let go of it while the going was good. Maybe I'll actually be able to start saving again!

Haha.. oh well, it's a decision we all have to make sooner or later. I plan to drive mine until fossil fuels become illegal :( Having said that, only 20 minutes ago, I just found out my steering rack is munted and needs reconditioning/fixing, and it's tie rod ends are buggered as well. Another 1k into the black hole!

Haha.. oh well, it's a decision we all have to make sooner or later. I plan to drive mine until fossil fuels become illegal :D Having said that, only 20 minutes ago, I just found out my steering rack is munted and needs reconditioning/fixing, and it's tie rod ends are buggered as well. Another 1k into the black hole!

Damn, sorry to hear that. Bloody cars! :(

Very nice setup at Ultimate Tunes.

a20089 - did you catch the dyno guys choking with all the fuel in the room? hahaha And what was emblem on the front of the Liberty that looked like and L and then another upside down L underneath it? Some japanese badge?

Yep, of all the cars, mine pumped the most fumes. It was like a 80's dance party with dirty smoke.

The emblem is some special one, unsure what is was exactly, I'll have to ask Raymond.

Hate to hear you need more repairs. I guess I'm happy to live with a dirty rear end if the rest of the car doesn't break down.

Edited by a20089

It shouldn't cost anywhere near that for reco rack and tie rod ends.

If you want a quote i can find out tomorrow from Active.

I just found out my steering rack is munted and needs reconditioning/fixing, and it's tie rod ends are buggered as well. Another 1k into the black hole!

Gday widebody32: From memory of the phone call - it's 400 to reco the rack, but 700 if the pinion is buggered, or something about leaking (which he suspects), and 120 for each tie rod end. I think that's fitted.

Edited by sl33py