SAU Community

Dyno Day 22 September 2007 Saturday

a20089

i was a little disappointed.... my car has previously made 174rwKw on the autotech dyno, and nothing has changed since. had a good time though. big thanks to John for organsing the day...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i was a little disappointed.... my car has previously made 174rwKw on the autotech dyno, and nothing has changed since. had a good time though. big thanks to John for organsing the day...

Frink,

It has been pointed out to me before that our Dyno reads lower then any other dyno in Canberra.

Ours is the only Mainline dyno here so its hard to compare with another one.

I dont think that our dyno is inacurate but nothing is impossible.

Regards,

Cristian

Frink,

It has been pointed out to me before that our Dyno reads lower then any other dyno in Canberra.

Ours is the only Mainline dyno here so its hard to compare with another one.

I dont think that our dyno is inacurate but nothing is impossible.

Regards,

Cristian

its all good mate :D. i realise that all dyno's will give you a different reading. i was happy with the way you and your team performed on the day. and your setup is just awesome. big screen, car facing out so you can see the engine working rather than the back-end of the car and a great printout with lots of detail. will be back when i need something like that done again...

Is the correction ratio set near 8% due to the temperature? or the height of Canberra itself? ie around 500-600 metres above sea level?

CeJay,

The correction ratio changes as the weater changes.

So in one day you can see as many as 10 - 15 correction values.

Regards,

Cristian

Dyno readings and power figures are all relative... You can get one result from one dyno and a completely different one from another... What matters is how the car FEELS.

Who cares what the numbers say... I have been trying to get my car perfect on the dyno for months and I have recently realised that they're just numbers... If your car feels quick and responsive and does as much or more than you want it to then thats all that matters.

Dyno readings and power figures are all relative... You can get one result from one dyno and a completely different one from another... What matters is how the car FEELS.

Who cares what the numbers say... I have been trying to get my car perfect on the dyno for months and I have recently realised that they're just numbers... If your car feels quick and responsive and does as much or more than you want it to then thats all that matters.

:(:banana::(:mellow::(

Do you have any idea how hard it is for me not to say anything about what your numbers say and a certain flower? :thanks:

• 2 weeks later...
Just had my (delayed) dyno, got 142.2kW and 224Nm, pretty happy with that seeing as I've only done the exhaust. PFC, boost and FMIC on the way!

I would have expected more than that... especially seeing as you have a Power FC installed.

My RB25DET made 186rwkw with only a front mount, exhaust and boost up... Ive seen standard RB25DET's pull 200rwkw with only a front mount, exhaust, PFC and boost turned up... Are you sure its tuned right?

That seems pretty low.... No offence intended.

i think he means he only has an exhaust currently, and the the PFC, intercooler and Boost will be done in the near future.

so 142rwkw for stock car with an exhaust is pretty good.

Hah yeah I, PFC isn't in yet :) I'm hoping for 180-190 when the PFC/FMIC/boost+ are in.

Baconer: Yep, saw yours pull similar. I've got a lightened flywheel which probably comes into play. Can't think of anything else it would be if yours is as stock as mine. Guessing you might have a FMIC or something I don't. Either way, close enough :rant:

Edited by sl33py

nope mines stock except for turboback exhaust aswell. Will be interesting to see how your car goes after the mods, will give me a basis of what i should do to get similar power (aka, you do all the work and ill copy you later) :)