Dyno Day 22 September 2007 Saturday

a20089

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FYI the Supra dyno day results. It seems thay have a lot more HP then us, so if we challange them it better be a track day not a dyno day.

post-33414-1191922432_thumb.jpg

Kilowatts arent everything, especially on the track... Frink's (Luke) R33 GTST has only got about 180kw at the wheels (when the diff was healthy) and he can put down consistent mid 1.12 laps at Wakefield park...

I dont care if you have 400kw at the wheels if you cant put it down and you dont have the right set up (or driving skill) for the track then you wont be fast.

Im still confident. :P

Kilowatts arent everything, especially on the track... Frink's (Luke) R33 GTST has only got about 180kw at the wheels (when the diff was healthy) and he can put down consistent mid 1.12 laps at Wakefield park...
I dont care if you have 400kw at the wheels if you cant put it down and you dont have the right set up (or driving skill) for the track then you wont be fast.

Im still confident. :(

I totally agree with you !!! I had no traction when I went to wakefield earlier this year and I have very ordniary suspension so I have no doubt that a car with 1/3 of the power of my car that is properly set up will/should get a much faster time than me, but hey, that's why we modify our car's isn't it??

This actually sounds like a really good idea and if we do this right then I think it would be positive for both car clubs and of course bragging rights for one club........ :O

Maybe we can have a chat about this at Marques and get something happening unless you want this event happening a little earlier?

You can contact me ([email protected]) or someone from the club via actsupraclub.com

Cheers

Ross

I totally agree with you !!! I had no traction when I went to wakefield earlier this year and I have very ordniary suspension so I have no doubt that a car with 1/3 of the power of my car that is properly set up will/should get a much faster time than me, but hey, that's why we modify our car's isn't it??

Maybe we can have a chat about this at Marques and get something happening unless you want this event happening a little earlier?

Ross

Ha you have to keep the Supra on the track Ross to get a time :-)

We should set the ground work earlier but talk about it at Marques. Probably set it for early 2008 midweek with at least 2 months warning to let people get the day off, save up and to get enough entrants.

The Nissan Sports car club top 10 at Wakefield were getting times of 1.07-1.10. Mostly 200sx's but set up for real track work.

Ha you have to keep the Supra on the track Ross to get a time :-)

We should set the ground work earlier but talk about it at Marques. Probably set it for early 2008 midweek with at least 2 months warning to let people get the day off, save up and to get enough entrants.

The Nissan Sports car club top 10 at Wakefield were getting times of 1.07-1.10. Mostly 200sx's but set up for real track work.

C'mon John, I was told that if you go off the track every now and again, you're not trying hard enough........ :-p

I can see this turning into a real positive thing though. An annual event for both clubs, there's a posibility that this could turn into something huge.

Maybe we can incorporate a run at the strip and dyno days. After all it's just a bit of fun and this is the reason why we don't drive Ford's or Holden's !! ;-)

Maybe we can incorporate a run at the strip and dyno days. After all it's just a bit of fun and this is the reason why we don't drive Ford's or Holden's !! ;-)

That sounds like a great idea, but us skyline boys need Widebody32 or else I'm the next most powerful (that has been tested), and I'd be lucky to make it in the Supra top 10 on the Dyno.

Winner for the track, winner for the Dyno, winner for the strip and an overall winner.

That sounds like a great idea, but us skyline boys need Widebody32 or else I'm the next most powerful (that has been tested), and I'd be lucky to make it in the Supra top 10 on the Dyno.

Winner for the track, winner for the Dyno, winner for the strip and an overall winner.

Im gonna try for fastest lady... unless Bullet32 beats me :thumbsup:

Mate there are planty of powerful skylines out here, you just have to know who to talk to, or just pop into ESP and have a look around... :-p

What happened to the upgrading of the turbos? Or did you listen to me and put a nice single snail in there? :thumbsup:

Mate there are planty of powerful skylines out here, you just have to know who to talk to, or just pop into ESP and have a look around... :-p

What happened to the upgrading of the turbos? Or did you listen to me and put a nice single snail in there? :thumbsup:

Yep put a pair of 2560R-5's in, good for 700hp. Fuel system needs a major upgrade though.

Feck. I'd hazard a guess a fair bit of money went into some of those Supras. But yeah, would be interested to know how much work done on suspension etc and if well thought out, or just "gimme numbers"

Or maybe the average Supra TT owner just has more money to burn? :)

Feck. I'd hazard a guess a fair bit of money went into some of those Supras. But yeah, would be interested to know how much work done on suspension etc and if well thought out, or just "gimme numbers"

Or maybe the average Supra TT owner just has more money to burn? :closedeyes:

Ross recons he's spent 40-50K on his beast at 430kw, but it does look nice inside as well as out (as long as you like the colour). Suspension is the next on his list last time we talked.

Ross recons he's spent 40-50K on his beast at 430kw, but it does look nice inside as well as out (as long as you like the colour). Suspension is the next on his list last time we talked.

Almost John....... I've spent around $60k on my car but this includes the cost of the car which was $39k over 3 years ago.

I was very lucky that when I blew my 1st turbo up 2 years ago that a friend of mine was considering upgrading his single turbo kit. Even though it had only done 1000 kms I bought the kit for around $5.5k.

I was even luckier to have a mechanic (Daniel ESP or driveshaft shaftmasters back then) that had performed a single turbo conversion on a Supra before 9his) and within 24 hours of me dropping the kit off to him, my car was ready to be driven away. needless to say, I saved a bucket load on labour. The power of my car went from a standard 177rwkw to around the 300rwkw mark.

The next thing I did was fuel system and boost controller and piggyback ECU cost me just over $2.5k and this is where my car is now. 400+ rwkw.

These are just the go fast goodies I have spent on the car, this excludes all the little things you have to do to ensure that your car is in good shape no matter what time of the day it is. Oh, and minus the respray too, which you would probably have a cow over, if I told you how much that cost me. I know all the Supra guys/gals are very suprised.

So as you can see, it really doesn't cost too much to extract a lot of power out of a Supra, just a really good mechanic and a little bit of luck when sourcing parts and you're set to go....... :)

And, yep, suspension next, good set of tyres and bring on wakefield, eastern creek or whatever other track will let me have a blast on.......

Yeah but the turbo Supras are still pretty expensive (I'm guessing mostly because twin turbo) and all but 1-2 guys on our dyno day were running (comparatively) mildly modded single turbo cars to what you've just described. Of course, if you got a GTR and had a few mates and lucky timing like you had, one could make the thing fly too :rolleyes:

Yeah but the turbo Supras are still pretty expensive (I'm guessing mostly because twin turbo) and all but 1-2 guys on our dyno day were running (comparatively) mildly modded single turbo cars to what you've just described. Of course, if you got a GTR and had a few mates and lucky timing like you had, one could make the thing fly too ;)

The price of Turbo MKIV Supra's are coming down and there are quite a few on the market these days. It's actually funny that you say that almost half of us were running single turbo setups as I tried to g-up the NSW Supra Club up and see if they would be interested in a dyno comp between NSW and the ACT. The winner would be decided on the highest average, maximum 10 cars per state with 2 of them being N/A. they didn't want a barr of it........ :)

Without a doubt !! Anyone that had my luck at the time would have the same good fortune.

Well will definitly be at the next one as my car is up and running again with just running in and tuning of the autronic left to do hoping to push over 600kw this time on pump fuel.

Just curious as to if these supras were run on pump fuel or race fuel as all esp's high power cars are run on race fuel which on a high boost car can add as much as 250hp, if its race fuel then it would explain why such a big difference in power levels as all the skylines were pump fuel.

I have a friend who made 850hp on pump fuel and 1100 on c16.

As you can only legally run pump fuel on the street it is pointless having to run race fuel to get the best out of your street car.