SAU Community

Cruise Alice

Sklyn

is it me, or do you need new tyres lol

Just for those who have heard, the pulsar is still off the road due to clutch troubles, the newest problem, waiting for the little clips that attach the thrust bearing to the box that got thrown out when i was cleaning up... they get in monday so hopefully the red rocket will be back together tuesday...

Guest Rexlr8

For those who dont know already i wont be out for a bit in the wrx. Raced clayton last night down the highway. I was ahead of him so i take that as my win but after we slowed down ( High speed ofcourse ) I hit some type of pot hole/ dip in the ground and it burst my rear left tyre into shreds while still breaking and yeah... The car steering wheel pulled so f**king hard to the right but i caught it and fought back and managed to keep the car straight with abs cutting in and out and 3 wheels then just drove it to the side of the highway towards town. Clayton said along with another fella behind us both my rears left the ground when the steering wheel jerked to the right. But i didnt roll, im alive. He's alive.

Its a f**king wake up call and a half. Both cars are fine. Mine has a wicked as cheeseburger rim on it and it's now sleeping in my garage. Will post some photo's of the rim/wheel. But no damage at all to the car except the tyre.

I went back down the road ( Walking ) too see where it started. Man, i had a long distance of fighting the wheel. It goes back along way down the road. Lil chunks of rubber down the strip.

Anyway. Just thought i'd tel you all before you hear some busted ass alice springs WRONG detailed rumor.

See you all.

Guest Rexlr8

Yeah, im still decideing if i should just buy some new tyres for all 4. Make life easy or buy new rims with tyres for a smidgem more. Problem is, i only want 17's and if i get flashy rims it might look funny with stock suspension and i dont plan to do suspension mod's for along time.

Damn mate, that's scary shit.......glad everyone is ok!!

and some people think $100 for the drags is expensive. No potholes there.. .lol

that will cost more than $100, and could have cost a whole lot more too!!!!

As for new rims it depends what type you get. can get nice ones that are different with out being too flashy!!

Who want Bling anyway???? Does the rim need replacing or is it ok?

I dare say you will be needing a wheel alignment too....lol

Guest Rexlr8

Yeah im one of them people who dont like the price of the few runs you can do on the strip but i changed my mind. Very understandable tho correct.

Lol yeah, nothing flash dude. Just a nice rim. I do like mine alot, but i think i could do with something a bit lighter and just have a better look to it. And defently no bling haha. Just depends i guess. I wouldnt mind getting some springs but its no point on stock suspension. Makes it look good, but doesnt work to well...

Haha yeah good call on the wheel allignment. I was already due for one i rekon. So all's good. Im greatful as can be that all that will be is Tyre money and nothing else. $900 odd is better then a 30,000+ write off eh.

Nah rim is 100% fine. It's just the tyre as the pictures show. My ol' man had a laugh about it but he said it can happen no matter when or how your driving. True that eh. I'm going to see if somethings open tomorrow and might get some prices on just tyres and then have a look around on the net and see what i can manage to get. Might aswell spend the money wisly.

I'll be back on the road soon. Dont think it matters much since i only drive it on weekends.

:) street racing

sorry to hear craig

How old were the tyres? How many kms?

Had a look at the photos, were they all Toyo Tranpath SR?

Might be able to sell/give away the other 3 for drifting/burnout practice.

I agree with you guys, No Bling. If your rims are fine just get some new tyres.

215/45/17 is a fairly common size now, hopefully be able to pick some up in town.

Guest Rexlr8

Yes, street racing :) It was just as i was heading home. You know what they say, you are more likly to have a car accident on the way home then anything else.

Yeah 215/45 no worries in this town. My rims are sweet as man. Just thought i'd take the chance to try and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Saves me buying new tread now and then i find some nice rims i have to fork out more money.

Hmm i like that idea about burnout/drift wheels but i think everyone has diff size to me. If anyone reads this when i get my new tires we can organise something for the 3 left over wheels if your wanting them.

Umm i dont know about the tyre that blew. But ive done 20,000ks with a trip down and up from adelaide. The history of the wheels are unknown man. So im just going to get 4 new ones and start from there.

HEY GUYS i havnt fixed my problems yet i taped the coil packs with jimmy and brian we also changed the plugs i replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the pod but it still missfires i got no idea i reckon i will swap afm with jimmy and replace the o2 sensor

+2 Hopefully Skyline will be in 1 piece! Will drag out on trailer if not.

Datto is always good to go. Registered 1/4 time on ozdat.com, seems it is 3rd quickest N/A in the country at the moment.

Category? Dunno

Hopefully we can get the imports to outnumber the V8s

Probably be chaos on the 1st night, most likely go on the 8/9.

Should definately know what state the skyline will be in by then.