SAU Community

Cruise Alice

Sklyn

Saw a new ad on imparja this weekend for the drags on the 25th.

Theres about 2 seconds footage of my gtr doing a burnout. All the other cars are V8s.

Anyone know any insiders at imparja who could get more footage?

hey guys iv found an apexi power fc from that matt bloke who crashed his skyline , i think it was drftn or something like that but its that and a z32 afm all for 500 bucks thats a saving of like 1000 bucks woohoo , so hopefully the miss will be gone and i can start upgrading other parts.but brian has picked up a 400r front bar and a bonnet scoop , should be installing that tonight and all through the week. oi jimmy how is your car now after upping the boost???? call me let me know :starwars: lol catch ya guys

Guest Rexlr8

Yeah Matty's Skyline-Driftn.

Good price for the ecu man. You'll have to get it tuned for your car tho!

That ecu is tuned for his car, not yours. So cant just plug and play :starwars:

But for that price, its worth getting and then saving up for a quick trip to adel or somewhere for a good tunnnnneeeee!

But for the mean time get Carmello to have a good play around with the hand control!!! Might save you some time and get a decent tune of that and he's pretty good apparently at tuning. Better then dallas anyway.

Fark man, that price is a steal haha.

Edited by Rexlr8

There is a feature in the latest High Performance Imports #93 about tuning Power Fc's from scratch on Skylines.

Would probably be best to reset your ecu and do a safety tune before driving the 33. Less chance of the motor going pop!

Make sure you get all instruction manuals & user guides that always come in the original packaging.

If not there is heaps of info on sau.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Fa...req-t64201.html

yeah i found heaps of info on it and will wait untill craig goes 2 adelaide or ill get the car sent down 2 adelaide myself. i have 2 buy the hand controler as it doesnt come with the ecu so once i get that and save enough money im sending it 2 morpowa in adelaide they built my car so i guess its best 2 get them 2 do it.

Guest Rexlr8

Dude send the car down. Send it to that place and get them to tune is good. Let them have it for a decent amount of time.

And yes, More boost ;) You'll regret not doing it haha

Guest Rexlr8

Well remember, the dude who'm he brought it off said it was already tuned with 200+ rwkws...

Uping the boost a bit more wont do squat specially if he has a decent boost controller setup. Wont creep and over boost.

im not putting more boost in it lol ceramic turbo's only can handle 12 psi and even then it lowers there life by heaps. but now i gotta save money 2 first get the car there and back and get it tuned so ill let u all know what i decide 2 do lol might have 2 get second job at red rooter with cammo

yeah man good call, as nice as it is to feel the power from more boost you then have to look at reliability as well, dont get me wrong like craig said your engine will handle it but its what you feel comfortable with, if i ever get my car turbo as hard as it will be to not wind up the boost i just have to stop and think relliability over power,

choice is yours man

im not putting more boost in it lol ceramic turbo's only can handle 12 psi and even then it lowers there life by heaps. but now i gotta save money 2 first get the car there and back and get it tuned so ill let u all know what i decide 2 do lol might have 2 get second job at red rooter with cammo

hey leeboi33 i run 13psi on mine and its fine there people on here \ running 14 for over a year and nuthin happened

Guest Rexlr8

Research is the key to modding!

As fab said, he's running 13 no worries with same engine. And i've got many other skylines in the wrx forum running the 13-14 bracket. Just have a good long read on what others are running with the same mods... And i think it be a really good idea to get a mod's list of the guy you brought it off cause it sounds like he was yanking your chain a bit. Cause' him saying you have 200kw yet when you placed on the wicked exhaust it went sour... doesnt sound right. It sucks to be honest that it went like that. Plus, knowing what he has done is a good thing so you can continue modding other areas.

Edited by Rexlr8

yeah your right and clearly you need to do more research on the rb25 ceramic turbo i never said it cant handle it i said it wont last long when you do put it up. and i dont remember it goin sour untill i reset my ecu actually.

Guest Rexlr8

Your words, not mine. ^^^

After you installed the exhaust it was smoking badly and poppin' flames almost every gear change. Thats not going sour?

Reseting the ecu only clears errors the ecu might be having and adds/minus timing to compensate for the fuel thats it been getting.. 95ron. Thats all the ecu reset does. And makes it learn if a new part has been put on due to free flowing or more power... exhaust for instance.. New one put on. Doesnt matter what make or model, most people reset the ecu after any new part has been installed so it can learn to make do with the new flowing/power.

After the reset we did on yours, it blew half as much smoke ( and wasnt as dark as it use to be ) when i was following you and it went alot harder then before by a great deal. Yet, the problems was there way before the ecu reset man. Thats why some of us suggested a reset. It doesnt do major damage or stuffs things up. Just clears bugs and bad batches of fuel and other things. Plus learns new mods.. Thats all..

Edited by Rexlr8

Guest Rexlr8

We're all mates on here and all i did was give you a hand with the ecu cause you were blowing alot of smoke. Thats all. What ever problems you've encounted are not due to the ecu reset. Reasons above.

As i said before. Good luck with the pfc and hope it fixes your problems. Aswell as the new coil packs you said you were getting.