SAU Community

Cruise Alice

Sklyn

Hey Lehi,

That Syclone will definately be One of a kind in Alice... Hope it is all you hope for when you finally get it.

As for my wreck, It's not economical to repair so is being sold for spare parts. I won't be replacing it too soon either as I'm going to Europe soon.

your already part of AIG dude.. its just a name we came up with for our group who cruise together..but you gotta pay me $100 member fee, hahaha.

Nathan, you need to set up ur own account bro, haha.. the more the merrier!

:P for the kind words about the Syclone. I have wanted one every since they were produced. Also thanks for the input about the wheels. I already have a set of 15"s with good tyres, but I don't think they are going to clear the callipers? I will find out on Thurs.

As much as I would love to cruise in the Syclone, I was not able to get ADR compliance approval while importing it :ninja::iluvff::wave: . There is only 1 other in Australia, and the owners have spent lots and lots making it right hand drive, and a one off custom compliance before the import laws were changed in 2005. I priced this out, and could end up being around $40,000 - $60,000. This means I will not be allowed to drive it on the street (YET?!). I have a couple of tricks up my sleave, so for now it will just be raced. I will keep you all posted on how rego and compliance works out.

Thanks again, and hope to catch you all up soon.

Cheers Lehi

yea i think melo does and i might aswell just so its tuned in this weather and my car leaves this tuesday cuming goin to adelaide for the final step thank f**k 4 that cant wait to put it into a pole and sumone buy my motor make a offer but not a stupid one gtr parts 4 sale aswell

got gtr coil packs

fuel rail

sump and diff

and all my air con shit of my r34 piping and all

Hey man, it wouldnt matter where you got your car tuned. Once it gets back here the ecu and all the wonderful electrics adjust it for you. Still keeping your power at max and what its tuned for. Only thing i noticed was i get a tad better fuel eco in Adelaide, but power and response is very much the same when i got my tunes done. But not saying dont go throw your car on the dyno to see what its pushin' once DR drift comes. Be good.

craig thats true except if you are running a PFC with d-jetro or similar (like the Haltec). they dont run the AFM so it wont adjust the air/fuel ratio accordingly.

pretty sure fabio has the d-jetro version

Edited by Mr.Msquito

Again sorry to pipe in, but I need some help!!!!

As mentioned before, my GMC Syclone will be here next week, and I plan on being at the March 1st drags. My problem is, that it is an 18 year old truck, with only 3,359 original miles on it. It also comes with the original wheels and tyres from factory (again 18 years old), so I am asking if anyone will lend/rent me some Commodore patern (sorry, I know I swore) rims, 16" or bigger to go racing. Being AWD I will not be doing any burnouts, etc, just don't want to destory my VERY old original ones. Just need something that could work? Any help would be much appreciated.... Anyone, please post this all over, I am broke from late fees and charges, and really need to show my wife a $15,000 vehicle is worth around $42,000 (which is what I have spent). VERY Desperate. Also require the loan of a helmet, but might have one buy then. Cheers Lehi.

hey man, Im the guy with the 300zx on Kurrajong Drive Along with the 180sx

I can lend you a Helmet if you like cause I wont be racing

cheers jordan and mabe can get you some wheels?

yeah Fab has the d-jetro..

I'm surprised you would even race it at all Lehi, being so rare.. I'd be tempted to leave it in the garage most of the time.

although I did race my 40th Anniverssary.

hey man, Im the guy with the 300zx on Kurrajong Drive Along with the 180sx

I can lend you a Helmet if you like cause I wont be racing

cheers jordan and mabe can get you some wheels?

Thanks guys, I know you guys are just down the road, sorry to be a snob, but everytime I see you guys I'm usually on my way somewhere, and don't have time to talk. I should bring the Varietta down some day, although it has some serious clutch problems, and as only the misses drives it, it comes second to the Syclone.

I am chasing up some leads on wheels tomorrow, so I'll see how I go??? I might take you up on the helmet though. I did have one, but when I sold my speedway car I lent it to the new owner to use. He ended up selling the car to someone else, and the helmet was included in the deal. (bumer)

Jimmy, it does sound a bit silly to race the Syclone, but I believe that it was built for it, so it should be raced!!! My plan (depending on its performance) is to enter Mt Buller at the end of this year. Something I have always wanted to do, and could you imagine the reactions of all those porsche owners, being beaten by a little black truck :thumbsup: LOL!!!!

craig thats true except if you are running a PFC with d-jetro or similar (like the Haltec). they dont run the AFM so it wont adjust the air/fuel ratio accordingly.

pretty sure fabio has the d-jetro version

Ah i see. Thats fairenough then. Hmm, might be a good idea to get a good tune there and then come back here and get adjustments if thats the case lol.

Never missed a race yet! Racing speedway aswell sat night so i will be busy.

Probably run the datto as the gtrs were put in exhibition last time cause they didnt know what to do with us.

The 2 fastest genuine street cars running full exhaust & street tyres in Alice still got put in super street.

Would never happen interstate on a street meeting. :) Maybe they prefer V8s

hey guys just letting you know my car is almost sold 2 a guy called fred ( dodgy name i know but trust me he is real) , works at colmans printing , anyway he rekons he will give me 10g deposit then do a compression test and if it goes well will give me the rest, so all in all it sounds pretty good hopefully it will sell soon so i can have a deposit for a house then buy a my06 forester! yay!

Hey lee bro, you wont need that much at all for house Deposit. Last Monday i applied for a house loan already, which max of $308g and the most i'll be giving out of my own pocket is $4,800. The 1st home owner grant ( Finishes June 30th ) pay's for everything else you need. So good luck with the Fozzy :) And let us know how you go with the R33 sale.

hey guys funny story, just talkin to the guy i sold the pulsar to it turns out the only prob was the clutch disc shattered so he picked one up from repco for $20. so he got a great deal out of it.....sorta annoys me but meh wat can i do bout it at least its on the road again..

Talkin bout cars on the road wats the latest on everyones cars???

mine is leaving tuesday bout f**king time stresing me out cant wait to put it into a pole or tree jokes im gona drive like a little bitch

this is my car all dunpost-43842-1236001257_thumb.jpg

Edited by fab34