SAU Community

Cruise Alice

Sklyn

Just got back from presentation a little while ago.

After cutting short the 3 round qualifying rounds, BK & I were fast tracked to a final based on points.

BK came first and I was runner up in Super Street/Sedan out of 14 entrants(mostly heavily modified V8s). We both received trophys & certificates.

Not bad seeing as we were the only guys in our class who drove to & from the event and werent running slicks.

I didnt get any better times today, either missing gear changes or hitting the rev limiter.

BK got slightly better 1/4 times & mph after changing back to standard rims.

Yesterday was much better as we got more practice and it wasnt as humid.

Fabio & Pinky were in the pits and I saw several guys on the hill supporting us.

Was a good day except some yobbos in the crowd calling out 'take your 4 cyl home(WTF)' 'Jap Crap' etc, but most people were supportive.

Where were all the other imports? If any of you guys entered street class you would have had a good chance to win.

Most of the cars were running very slow, with some of the BIG V8s only running 15-16 second 1/4s.

Street class was taken out by a very tidy Mitsubishi Triton with a SR20 Turbo from Darwin. Runner up was a Falcon.

I didnt get too many photos, so I will be looking foward to seeing everyones pics & vids.

good news ozzy. i wish i had my car running. i would of been racing for sure. i dont think jap cars are liked very much in alice springs. hopefully i can get my car running and setup enough for a meeting soon.

when is the next meet?

Guest Rexlr8

Ok, now im regreting being a tight ass. Wish i pay'd the money and joined you guys on the strip :) I didnt think i'd stand a chance against them guys even with awd..

Im sure my lil 4 cyl awd would have put some v8's to sleep but just didnt think it would do it.

Good stuff with the trophys and certs and putting up with the heat on the track lol.

Hey ozzy, what was your consistant 1/4 time? well average time? Some or your launches were sweet as so just seeing.

Well as Cammo said, whens the next meet? I'll have my stuff here then i can race along side you and BK and who ever of us boy's decide to join up :( And if i can part with my money haha.

Catch ya

Edited by Rexlr8

Guest Rexlr8

I'll join.. i think. In Super street class with Ozzy and BK. See how i run against them guys.

Edited by Rexlr8

yea i dont think ill get in the 12 being rear wheel drive and on street tyers ill be happy if i can blow banny away in that falcon i think ill get low 13 to mids 13 well ozzy and bk r gettin 12 1 on a good run and they got twice the power then us so it be hard to get 12

Edited by fab34

Guest Rexlr8

Yeah man. They gettin' some silly times. But im with you on that banny thing. You better smoke his car.. From his mouth " Yeah, my falcon is so quick, does 11's "

Im going to have no hope keeping up with BK or Ozzy, but i'll try. Didnt do bad at all the other weekend against ozzy.

CADRA site says next meet is on 20th April.

I would think it might be less formal with less people from interstate and maybe no ANDRA officals.

My average times ranged from 12.2 -12.9 all weekend, while BK was very consistent around the low 12's with a best of 12.1.

The street class was that under represented by imports, I might have to bring my Datto out next time to make up numbers.

I have seen Datto's with similar mods to mine do high 14's.

In drag racing the most consistent win races, not necessarily the fastest.

yea well im in the street class 4 sure ill try get sum of the other skylines to enter like james and lee 4 those v8 that hav a few mods dun to them in the street class there running pretty shit times

Guest Rexlr8

The boy's over on Rexnet rekon im between 12.5 and 12.9. If i get even into the 13sec make im other doing something really wrong or the heat where we are is too much.

But i guess thats whats the strip is for. To find out what you can run eh.

Everyone should have a run :) Get the jap imports out there.

Edited by Rexlr8

Guest Rexlr8

Hey ozzy,

Since the next meet is April 20th. Could you do us all a favor. Since you've been in it now and pay'd for it. Could you place the prices down for us boys. We're all hearing diffrent prices and you've been in it.

So price for Superstreet class?

Price for Street class?

And do we have to get a ANDRA licence?

Like wise for the CADRA Licence?

Ah.. How much does it then cost for each meeting?

What do you need to race?

Whats the go with the $25 membership?

Anything else i've missed please put it in. Sorry about the Questions but it be good to hear it from you since you've competed.

Cheers Ozzy.