SAU Community

Cruise Alice

Sklyn

hey guys 4 all u that dont know al stainer the commentator at the drags and speedway died last night of a heart attack at 7pm , if it wasnt 4 him there would be no drags in alice springs . rest in peace

oooo, shit, that's terrible.. That is going to devastate a lot of people around here!! He is well loved and knows just about everyone in town.

If they don't Drag Race in heaven,,, they DO NOW!!!

RIP

wow, poor bloke, thats sad, he's helped in a big way to get the red carpet rolled out for us, and for something like this to happen is terrible.

our thanks to him for all his hard work, RIP mate

" Central Australian Drag Racing Association sadly regrets the sudden passing of our founding member, Alan "Big Al" Stainer, the voice of Alice Springs Motor Sports.

Alan was the driving force for a decades long push to build Central Australia's permanent quarter mile drag strip. Alan devoted all of his spare time and energy to local motorsports, including off-road, the Finke desert race, speedway and drags. Most of his time went to drag racing, and he saw his dream come true a few months ago with the opening of Alice Springs Inland Dragway.

Alan, we expect you'll have the perfect quarter mile ready for racing when we join you in our time.

Goodbye to the Big Top Hat! We'll all miss you. "

a bunch of guys playing volley ball... hmm, sounds gay.... haha count me in fockers.. hopefully we can do a bit better than last week...

im back out bush on sunday so this is prob the last time ill get to play for a few weeks or months.. :rofl:

hey jimmy, cammo, i headed bush on sunday, but i should be back in town by next saturday so if you guys are going to go next sunday then if i can make it for sure ill come, would be good to get some propper training. :D

and cammo i still got those vented guards in the back of the car lol. want me to drop them at yours or what would be easier for you?

• 2 weeks later...

i will be there JIMMY ANSWER MY TEXT'S or ill bop u in tha nose lol oi i see on just jap theyre selling an rb26 n1 motor for like 2g i think it was mmm that would be heaps better than rebuilding my rb25 oi were playin at 6 tonight btw