SAU Community

Will It Run Ok With New Turbo

Alright, have a RB20Silvertop in my 32. Just put on a high mount manifold, GT30-82R full 2inch from turbo back (stainless) high flow cat Genie straight through muffler. Dual stage boost controller, Tial 48mm external gate. will it run ok when i fire it up? basically i know i should take off the ignighter pack so i can crank it to get oil water flowing, then turn her over. There is nowhere to tune up here and would to just here her run, any advice? turn the boost right down? would it also run smooth enough to pass roadworthy? cause then i could chuck it on a trailer and head down brissy way and drive home. thankyou in advance for your imput. done all the work myself except the exhaust, and dont know much about computer. im planning on getting bigger injectors/computer/pump in a month.

Even on minimum boost setting on that wastegate it will be around at least 7 psi..

7 psi on that turbo would already out flow what the AFM is capable of.

if you are off boost when driving, it MIGHT get you around.

it will be a pig to drive, but if you are using stock injectors, afm, and ecu, it should still have standard emissions... but like I mentioned.. it will be a pig to drive around.

Add a Z32 AFM to your list of things to get next month (unless of course the ECU you get uses a map sensor instead of an AFM)

Thought it would be, yeah the ecu im leaning towards is the wolf v500. fairly pricey but good value for money imho. well with the GT30 i was kind of hoping it wouldnt really be hitting boost to higher up, so aslong as im not boosting would it still be alright to drive? the car was previously turbo'd. so it has the turbo afm, but im guessing it's different running 7psi on the GT30 to 7psi on the stocko turbo as the afm is concerned

It will run fine.

A Gt3082r on an rb20; you wont have to worry about seeing boost unless you were to pull it out past 4k.

It will drive fine just plodding it around.

--

I always prime the turbo with out before starting. Disconnect fuel pump or igniter and crank her over until you see oil coming out of the drain; connect the fuel pump igniter back up and then the oil drain.

i can't see why it wouldn't pass a roadworthy. The only difference is position of where the manifold and turbo sits.

As long as you haven't removed anything off the car as from what manufacturers specs are, and doesn't effect any other part of the car, that would cause it to be unroadworthy. Then theres no problem.

As long as you haven't removed anything off the car as from what manufacturers specs are

LOL

where in the factory specs does it say rb20det should have a gt30 high mount attached to it?

i think if he goes to any one thats legit they wont pass him

well its still in manufacturers specs

it still has a turbo and still has a manifold, doesn't say anything about going bigger or changing position does it??

just like saying the car doesnt come out with aftermarket bodykits, stereo systems and mag wheels. same shit isn't it? you have just updated it, you haven't taken it off.

maybe in Melbourne it could be different under you legislation.

Edited by bazr33