SAU Community

Nistune

Crans

Thanks for that.

here are your vic Nistune dealers, pricing ranges depending on whether or not they leave the nistune board in the ecu, if they do it should be around 800-900 fitted and tuned, then every time you do a mod it can be touched up live for the cost of dyno time... not a full retune.

AUSTRALIA - VIC

Advanced Jap Auto

5/213 Sunshine Rd Tottenham VIC 3012

ph : (03) 9314-7776

mobile : 0421 025 216

Chasers Motorworks

Factory 4/440 Dynon Road, West Melbourne, VIC

Ph: (03)96893766

Ph: (03)96877118

DMD TUNING

370 Pakenham Rd, Pakenham Vic

Contact David on 0438 804 282

davidmacdermid69 [at] gmail.com

Dr Drift

Unit 5 / 9 Alick Rd, Brooklyn, VIC

Contact Sam on 0425 818 755

sam [at] dr-drift.com

Ices Performance Centre

2/3 Seismic Court Rowville, Melbourne, VIC

Contact John on 03 97638854

Springy Motors

58 Smith Road, Springvale, VIC

Contact Daniel on 03 95468777

springymotors [at] bigpond.com

Status Tuning

63 Rodeo Drive, Dandenong South, VIC

Tel: 03 9792 3333

Mob. 0414 944 146

[email protected]

http://www.statustuning.com

• 1 month later...

Hi guys...any help with info on whether or not you can use a z32 VG30DETT Auto Ecu on Nissan r33 to replace the ecr33 ecu with Auto transmission...because i want to get Nistune, but want to make sure that its not going to effect the auto transmission in the car?

Cheers

Yeah but to get a nistune for a ecr33 you need to replace the ecu with that of an r32 or a Z32 (z32 being the better choice from what im told), so i would like to know if ANYONE has any experience with this and what the effect on the auto transmission will be by replacing the stock ecu with the z32 ecu (if its AUTO)......hope that clears my dilema up....unless my dilema is unwarranted lol....

Yeah but to get a nistune for a ecr33 you need to replace the ecu with that of an r32 or a Z32 (z32 being the better choice from what im told), so i would like to know if ANYONE has any experience with this and what the effect on the auto transmission will be by replacing the stock ecu with the z32 ecu (if its AUTO)......hope that clears my dilema up....unless my dilema is unwarranted lol....

Z32 is better than an r32 because you get to keep your VCT. There is a little bit of rewiring to do, injectors and ignition have a different firing order between the RB25 and the V6, but its a simple task. There is a rewiring table on the nistune forum somewhere. This wont affect the auto

Found it, http://forum.nistune.com/viewtopic.php?f=8...9&hilit=tps

Z32 is better than an r32 because you get to keep your VCT. There is a little bit of rewiring to do, injectors and ignition have a different firing order between the RB25 and the V6, but its a simple task. There is a rewiring table on the nistune forum somewhere. This wont affect the auto

Found it, http://forum.nistune.com/viewtopic.php?f=8...9&hilit=tps

Ive had both r32 and z32 in my r33 Gtst. The z32 ran like ass. Bugged. Stuttered and carried on. Revs insteady.... Had it replaced with r32. Fixed everything.

This loss of vct does what exactly? I had back to back dyno runs and there was no loss of torque anywhere....

Yeah talked to the guys at EFI in brisbane this morning.....he said either ecu will do (even for auto). KJBr33 is right you get to keep your vct, however there is that bit of wiring for them to do, whereas the r32 ecu is straight fit in, but you will lose your vct. Said the only effect on the gearbox was that the change from 1st to 2nd is a little longer in the auto box...

interesting.....

Ive had both r32 and z32 in my r33 Gtst. The z32 ran like ass. Bugged. Stuttered and carried on. Revs insteady.... Had it replaced with r32. Fixed everything.

This loss of vct does what exactly? I had back to back dyno runs and there was no loss of torque anywhere....

the fact that the z32 ran like that and the r32 fixed it is evidence of which is better. there may have been an issue with that individual ecu that was causing the issue.

as for the vct vs no vct, my mate played around with it on his rb25 and i think from memory the difference between it being on and off was only a few hp, but i'd have to find out for sure. he was playing around with it on the dyno one day trying to sort and issue out.

then the z32 was setup wrong, ive had 2 now from other places who did the z32 ecu conversion and both were done wrong and resulted in poor running. The R32 ecu is inferior to the tune of around 30-35 horses ATW due to its lack of vct. I have endless dyno graphs to prove it.

http://forum.nistune.com/viewtopic.php?f=8...274&start=0

Yeah talked to the guys at EFI in brisbane this morning.....he said either ecu will do (even for auto). KJBr33 is right you get to keep your vct, however there is that bit of wiring for them to do, whereas the r32 ecu is straight fit in, but you will lose your vct. Said the only effect on the gearbox was that the change from 1st to 2nd is a little longer in the auto box...

interesting.....

INCORRECT use only a auto ecu if your car is auto, both work but the shift map goes up the shit if you use a manual ecu..... i have tested both and the drive ability of the auto ecu in a auto car is leagues ahead of the manual ecu. Things get amplified even more when you mod the trans (hi-stall and shift kit) in fact the last hipo auto 180 we did had heaps of trans issues until we swapped in a auto ecu (no idea how a manual one ended up in there).

Sorry for my poor wording..... i did mean that EFI told me if i use an auto r32 or z32 ecu, then the only problem i may have with the 33 transmisison is a slight increase on the lenght of gear changes between 1st and 2nd....no way would i give them a manual ecu to nistune for my auto...like you said STATUS...BIG BIG problems lol....and ill def concider an auto z32 ecu as to keep my vct for the nistune...i mean any reliable tuner shouldn't have a problem wiring up the z32 into the r33 right?..

cheers for the feedback everyone!

then the z32 was setup wrong, ive had 2 now from other places who did the z32 ecu conversion and both were done wrong and resulted in poor running. The R32 ecu is inferior to the tune of around 30-35 horses ATW due to its lack of vct. I have endless dyno graphs to prove it.

http://forum.nistune.com/viewtopic.php?f=8...274&start=0

Hmmm its a worry. Not that im complaining the car runs great made just over 200rwkw on a bit over 12psi, and now does it without stutters and surging.

In what way were these you mention setup incorrectly? and what were the symptoms of them running poorly?

Perhaps when the power increases with the hiflow (i intend on this in 2 or 3 weeks) perhaps the loss of torque would be more significant against a z32. Who knows. Not much consistency to go off.

Hey people,

Ive set up my car for turning(r33). Now all i need to choose is the tuner. Can people private message me with their recommendations on who to give the job to,$ cost, and any other information that you could offer. Id really appreciate it.

I am keen on Status doing the job but Trev is not answering, so ill go to with peoples recommendations.

thx.

got a question for ya's

i have a type 4 daughter board in my r34.

I know that the daughter board has its own EEPROM that we can change the values in while tuning in nistune software. And the original ECU's EEPROM stays unchanged, we just tell the ECU to read from our new EEPROM. Is this correct?

If this is correct, could i tune my car on pump fuel 98, then take the hex file from the daughter board's EEPROM and burn it into the original ECU's EEPROM, then re-tune the daughter board as usual on e85 fuel? then i just have to run a couple of switch wires from the jumper pins on the original ECU to the dash and i have instant capability to drive on either fuel.

But is it even possible to burn a new image into the original ECU?

and can anyone see any major flaws in my idea?

With the standard ecu, you desolder the factory eprom and solder in a socket. You can now either plug in a programmable eprom (which you would need to burn outside the ecu) or plug in the nistune board (program through the consult).

So would it be possible to have a double socket with a switch to flick between Nistune daughterboard and an eprom?

This idea isnt new and seems to have been done here; http://www.twains.ch/eprom-switch_20VT.html

They claim to switch between 3 eproms.

My question is; How would the ecu respond to an eprom switch? I wouldnt mind having it as a fail safe (for another project) where through a trigger wire switch to the factory eprom

Hey people,

Ive set up my car for turning(r33). Now all i need to choose is the tuner. Can people private message me with their recommendations on who to give the job to,$ cost, and any other information that you could offer. Id really appreciate it.

I am keen on Status doing the job but Trev is not answering, so ill go to with peoples recommendations.

thx.

Definitely go with Status, Trent does an awesome job and is a great guy. Really helpful.

Best way I've found to contact them is to send a text to their mobile and they should get back to you quickly.

Hey people,

thx.

I'm in exactly the same boat.

ECU arrived and ready to go.

There are a number of guys on here that I have heard great things about in general, so would love some specifics.

Also, tuners, if you want to PM me what you charge for a Nistune fit/tune and also exactly what your package includes that would be great . I've already been in touch with a couple of you. I'll be deciding where to go within the next 5 days.

Definitely go with Status, Trent does an awesome job and is a great guy. Really helpful.

Best way I've found to contact them is to send a text to their mobile and they should get back to you quickly.

How much did you guys pay and which tuner?

I got quoted 850, when i tried booking it, that changed to 1100 due to ecu needing some wire modifications? for r33 s2.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks

Ive done a bit of a search but couldnt find an answer so if there is one out there and ive missed it, plz dont shoot

my question is, I have an r32 gtr - I would like to have dual exhausts from the turbo back, however I'm not sure how this will affect the o2 sensor setup...

From what I understand there are 2 o2 sensors for the 'before cat' and 'after cat' positions, my concern is if one could put a dual setup on a gtr and use either a single pipe as an enrichment template, OR if i could add another 2 o2 sensors and then aggregate and halve the values produced to nistune

Im not a mechanic and I really dont know how this all works, however I just want to know if its possible to run dual pipes, and how I may go about it

Thanks

-D

Hi Folks

Ive done a bit of a search but couldnt find an answer so if there is one out there and ive missed it, plz dont shoot

my question is, I have an r32 gtr - I would like to have dual exhausts from the turbo back, however I'm not sure how this will affect the o2 sensor setup...

From what I understand there are 2 o2 sensors for the 'before cat' and 'after cat' positions, my concern is if one could put a dual setup on a gtr and use either a single pipe as an enrichment template, OR if i could add another 2 o2 sensors and then aggregate and halve the values produced to nistune

Im not a mechanic and I really dont know how this all works, however I just want to know if its possible to run dual pipes, and how I may go about it

Thanks

-D

you should probably start a new thread for that instead of hi-jacking an existing one