SAU Community

Nistune

Crans

How are peoples results using nistune for RB26s? If you are using it on your RB26 please post engine mods and results (dyno), can't see many if any in the RB26 turbo upgrade thread.

Are there any limitations when compared to other standalone ECUs (e.g. ViPEC, PFC)?

I'm using one on my R32 N1, no drama's at all.

Only mods on my car are a cat-back exhaust, pods, and boost controller. Of course being an N1, it has the N1 turbo's as well.

So far it's performed without a fault. No cold start issue, no anything really.

I spoke to a fair few tuners and in the end, for someone like me who is not going to be endlessly modifying the car, the Nistune was perfect. I'm trying (really hard :banana: ) to keep my car close to stock.

Price wise, can't remember exactly but it was less than $700 including ECU and dyno time.

Here's is a copy of the tune. We stopped at 276kw as the AFM's were maxing out.

post-194-1239448901_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply looks like a good result, very helpful, especially the note on cold start as these features are critical for a regularly driven car.

I would have preffered to keep my car very stock except I had the unfortunate experience of stock turbos failing and taking out the engine. So now i'm running a forged engine, 2860-5's but most of the rest of the engine is stock (dumps, front pipes, AFMs, injectors, head). Although in the future, once my wallet recovers (if ever) the aforementioned items will likely be changed to allow higher power - hopefully close to 380awkw eventually. So I am really curious to see if and how nistune will handle those types of changes - AFMs and injectors particuarly - whilst maintianing the factory ECU hardware. Anyone using nistune who has changed AFMs and/or injectors (especially GTR's)? could you please comment on drivability with these changes.

Keep the results and comments coming. :banana:

THe car will drive exactly the same as if you changed afms and injectors using a PFC. Not to mention the tuners ability.

I was very impress with Nistune in my GTST and have now installed it into my GTR

My 32 GTR is dead stock except for K&N panel filter, nismo front pipe, catco 3" ceramic hiflow cat and apexi catback and adjustable cam gears (set for midrange torque): 199kw/290Nm at the rears .. it still needs to go back and finish the tune with my replacement EBC

Hi there from London ..

I have the same question ->

"What ECU are you using??"

I was told there is no Nistune for the R33GTST ..

Cheers,

Andrew

I'm running a r32 (rb20) ecu and i still have all the VCT the only hick up was the TPS due to different sensors in the r33 and r32 gear boxes (when it is and isn't in gear).

Not a major hasle just got the boys at EFI performance to fix it up for me and problem solved

• 2 months later...
Interested to see how the vct works on rb20 ecu?

True most forget that small (but useful) feature :pirate:, the funny thing is ive had about 4 microtech's come through here lately done by a microtech dealer all had no VCT switching..... :) and the power graphs were shit house, you would see a few too yeah?

was thinking of using NIStune to run a r32 gtr ecu on my vl turbo. aside from coils on plug and twin mafs what other features does the gtr have over the vl. could you install vl turbo base tune on the the r32 nistune board.

that would be the easy way.

but the thoery was to delete the dizzy and run coil on plug, plus th gtr runs twin MAFs. two standard vl mafs would read higher HP than a single z32 maf and have better flow. and easier to upgrade to a twin cam head later.

• 2 months later...

was quoted $1150 for an R34 GTT nistune + dyno tune .. considering they're $260 seemed kinda excessive. What has everyone else paid for a dyno tune with their nistune ? Car's pretty much stock ..just the turbo back exhaust and a bit of extra boost (11.5psi)

im also running nistune got it fitted and tuned for $750 at chasers in melbourne. my gtr makes 200awkw (check RB26 thread) runs bigger injectors, greddy ebc spec II and exhaust everything else is stock.

After the tune i seem to be getter better fuel economy. but at the same time if i push it hard i use alot more fuel (probably cos of bigger injectors and boost though).