SAU Community

Hey guys,

I have done a few searches on this and have found out some info but am confused by some aswell, Through a twisted chain of events my r32 GTR has got a standard 4.11.... diff in the rear, and now as (completely installed) what appears to be a 4.364 diff in the front. NOT GOOD!

We are not exactly sure which diff it is in the front but from turning the shaft and counting rotations that what mechanic estimated it to be, around that.

What I was wondering is

1. Rather then change the fron diff, should I just leave it, and replace the rear.

1a. is there many compliactions with doing this????

2. Is it possible to switch the front diff without ripping engine out???

3. If the mechanic reckons the front diff ratio is around the 4.5 mark is there any other ratio diffs that it could be, regardless I he is gonna get in and have a look on the crown wheel, I'm just trying to see if I can start trying to source a new front or rear

If anyone has got an incite into this problem that would be a great help,

cheers guys

AsH

you really need to get in there and find out what the exact ratio is of the front diff. a common swap is GTS4 diff which is 35:8. if this is what you have in the front then I would suggest hunt down a GTS4 rear diff and use that crown wheel and pinion with your current GTR centre in the rear. then you'll have the same GTS4 ratios front to rear. if it is actually 4.364:1 I have no idea what it could be out of. I can't even think of a CW/Pinion combo that would give a ratio of 4.364. I would say it's most likely the GTS4 diff he just did some bad maths. :P

you really need to get in there and find out what the exact ratio is of the front diff. a common swap is GTS4 diff which is 35:8. if this is what you have in the front then I would suggest hunt down a GTS4 rear diff and use that crown wheel and pinion with your current GTR centre in the rear. then you'll have the same GTS4 ratios front to rear. if it is actually 4.364:1 I have no idea what it could be out of. I can't even think of a CW/Pinion combo that would give a ratio of 4.364. I would say it's most likely the GTS4 diff he just did some bad maths. :P

If i remember right the 4.3 final is the same final they used in the GROUP A GTR in japan, i've seen a few for sale on yahoo label nismo group a or nismo n1

I'm running GTS4 ratios front and rear. No harm except your speedo will be out, although this can be corrected by installing a GTS4 speedo at the gearbox. Other downside is that you will have less top end.

If i remember right the 4.3 final is the same final they used in the GROUP A GTR in japan, i've seen a few for sale on yahoo label nismo group a or nismo n1

group A cars used lots of different ratios all custom. they may have used a 4.3 for some tracks, but again I don't know what Crown wheel/pinion combo would give an exact 4.3 ratio.

• 1 year later...

ok..

Im re-hashing an old thread so as I dont have to start a new one.

I have an R32 GTS4 standard diff - 4.375 Diff ratio - Yes?

And is this an open diff?

Now, Im using it for drifting and im looking for a a cheap LSD.

An R32 GTR is a mechanical 2 way. Yes?

4.111 diff ratio - Yes?

Now, R200 refers to the crown wheel - 200mm - Yes?

Is an R200 diff a GTR diff?

What is the name of a GTR (Non - Vspec) LSD Diff?

Could I get a GTR diff center and drop into my housing?

Edited by GTS4WD

Now, R200 refers to the crown wheel - 200mm - Yes?

Is an R200 diff a GTR diff?

What is the name of a GTR (Non - Vspec) LSD Diff?

Could I get a GTR diff center and drop into my housing?

Using google for "r200 GTR diff" I found some results and this site: http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/243052 advises the casing's are different

All I found was "R200" diff and that its the shortnose version...