SAU Community

Injector Cleaning in WA

adam 32

i need to get my injectors cleaned - whereabouts can i get this done and whats involved in the job?

is it worth using a bottled injector cleaner?

i know rev210 you had your injectors cleaned a while ago - can you give any advice?

thanks

adam

Yes, you'd have to take them out and give them to pertroject, I haven't heard good things about injector additives, and then you still don't know if the injector is running lean.

I'll have a good time, and I'm sure the forums will cope without my whoring:D

to get the injectors out you only need to undo 2 screws and gently and evenly pull/lever them out.

The two screw hold a little metal 'hat' ontop of the injector body.

I made a phillips head wrench using a ring spanner, epoxy putty and a phillips head bit. This saved me from removing the top half of the plenum. It's a tricky job but, like everything do-able.

The 20 has far less access to the injs than a 25

Dont waste your money on cleaning your std injs you know you should spend it cleaning the gtr ones you also know you should buy

My gtr injs were cleaned by teh same guy that cleaned simons and picked up %50 flow, shows how crusty they can get

Dude I used Carbon Clean in Perth (Back of QV1 Carpark) and am statisfied with the results.

The injectors now are a little more noisier in operation but the improvement has been immense.

The injectors are not removed and the whole fuel system wash cleaned out as well as a de carbon of some internal componets.

Any one else have any feedback on this mob?

EFIS at U/5 173 bank street east vic park do our injectors.

Revg210 32s have top feed injectors 33s were the first Skylines

with side feeds.If you use GTR injectors you need a resistor block

with them with the factory ECU.