SAU Community

Rb26dett Weakest Links?

paul f

ok just wanted to be informed about the rb26 motors.

i already know abvout the oil issues(crank collar, oil resistors, and head drain) just wanted to know about any other weakness of the motor. im shooting now for 400hp maybe bumped to 500hp thats it so what do you think is a weak spot in the engine thanks inform away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

What about the sump pick-up issues when driven on R compunds around a track?

For 400-500 HP, there arent really any more issues. Yes, if youre thinking ceramic turbos but i know youre a smart cookie and wouldnt do that :)

For longevity, make sure you have good oil and at a good temperature before you give it stick....look after those bearings!

im converting to single turbo so no need to worry about the stock turbo ceramic wheels im also doing a complete rebuild of the engine includes :acl race bearings new oem complete gasket kit and new oem piston rings. just wanted to know if i need to think about fixing any thing eles!

I would imagine std rods would be getting to their limit at that stage....if not rods then rod bolts for sure.

Wait a sec, are you talking engine hp or at the wheels? Engine hp should be fine....at the wheels then you would be getting close, probably same for pistons. Im talking more along the lines of the 500hp target.

what sort of turbo r u going to run??? check out www.6boost.com for turbo and maniold packs.

i just rebuild my rb26 from top to bottom, cams head work forged botom end, and 6boost exhaust manifold with a gt35r (.86 rear). she made 280atw kw on 11 psi with fulll boost by 3900rpm