SAU Community

The Mine's

cruzin33

Is/has any one working at the mines in south australia if so can any one give me a contact number or any info on what kind of work is going. Im a fitter and turner and in need of a new job

Cheers

Dave

half my good friends have all left to go and work on mine's mostly kalgooly(i think thats the spelling) adn olympic dam. the advice i was give from a couple of them were. save as much cash as you possible can and take a trip to these places. in kalgooly a mate of mine applyed for 5 jobs before lunch apparently and had 3 call back in the after noon, and a 4th from a company he didnt know about.

I may be able to to a contact or too from a mate thats just got back today from roxby,

If you dont want to travel that far away... you may want to get in contact with Australian Zircon..... They are building a brand new mine not to far out of Murray Bridge, i see it everytime i go to Adelaide.... im sure they would be hiring soon and you can still cruise back to the city easy....

www.australianzircon.com.au

Good Luck

Hey mate, was thinking about getting a job in the mines myself. I know it isn't SA but they were advertising in last weekends Advertiser for people. www.regentgoldmine.com

hey just wondering if neone else has noticed that on this site they are asking for people to pay $9.99 for information/cd.

this dosent seem right to me at all

i posted my reply on ns.com but i'll post here too. I go there once every 3 months for work and its defintiely a thing i'd do if i didn't have a family, if your single then go for it! I've got about 5 mates up there at the moment all pulling 130k per year, have been offered 3 jobs making this sort of money but its just not worth it in my situation!

I'll pm u my contacts i have up there.

is it something u can do if u dont have any qualifications?

u can but its a lot harder to get someone to give u a go, its not like it used to be where they will just take anyone on. It costs them a bit to hire someone nowadays so they wanna get there moneys worth!

If you are condisering mines you should also consider onshore rigs (mostly oil and gas here). FIFO, ususally 2-2 rosters i think. Some of the contractors are Ensign and PDI. I did some engineering work over summer with an oil and gas company based in town and went out to the rigs SA/QLD. Looks ok. Have you thought about FIFO from mines in WA? Thats worth a look too.

If you are condisering mines you should also consider onshore rigs (mostly oil and gas here). FIFO, ususally 2-2 rosters i think. Some of the contractors are Ensign and PDI. I did some engineering work over summer with an oil and gas company based in town and went out to the rigs SA/QLD. Looks ok. Have you thought about FIFO from mines in WA? Thats worth a look too.

had a mate doing that but they would only fly him to perth and he had to pay his flight to kalgoorlie!