SAU Community

2008 Nissan Gtr Pricing

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expected it to be 180K :) + this was when the Australian dollar was at 65cUS....luckily for us

we hit 87c and came back to 83c.

Anyway ,unless it is 100% it will be on sale here(ie in the showroom) then we will see the real price.

Lets face it options cost money....sat/nav,rear/sensors/camera,zennon lights etc etc.

Would like to see what options they will have on the gtr and the pricing for them.

Judging by BMW and Merc...expect mats to cost 1K+,metallic paint 2K+ and sat/nav 4K+

Most who have that kind of dollar to spend on a car put on at least 20K on in a blink of an eye,

and we are still talking not on road price(correct me if I am wrong).

OPTION 1 135K+20K(options)+10K(on road)+10K(Insurance)=170K

OPTION 2 less approx 35K

Can't see why a GTR34 will drop in price because everyone can afford a GTR(08)... :D

How can Nissan sell a new single model AWD TT GT-R for $95K when a BMW 330 TT (based on a common as muck beemer) is $110K?

Even the old model that was based on a lower spec rwd version was ~$145K here as a private import with some kays on it, and this one is an entirely stand alone model.

The facts don't add up for me.

Kindly to be explaining why an NA 911 costs nearly $200K when it's sold all over the world, and most of the parts in one have been around for ages or have just been redesigned?

No wonder Porsche is the worlds most profitable car company- People are willing to pay big dollars for cars that have merely been tweaked from model to model over 40 years, rather than been designed from a clean sheet starting point every 6 or 7 years.

Kindly to be explaining why an NA 911 costs nearly $200K when it's sold all over the world, and most of the parts in one have been around for ages or have just been redesigned?

No wonder Porsche is the worlds most profitable car company- People are willing to pay big dollars for cars that have merely been tweaked from model to model over 40 years, rather than been designed from a clean sheet starting point every 6 or 7 years.

Porsche..is another kettle of fish..without its 4 Wheel drive...canyenne they would have had to sell up...

It is not the 911 that makes them money at all......

Anywayz....as for the comment about everything being around on a 911 porsche for years...

that is purely because the buyers demanded the shape to stay the same and not change.

Although I believe this hurt there sales in the long run...

But there is a lot of parts commonality- even the 997 carried over a lot of the (admittedly good) mechanical components from the 996, but tweaked in some way. Yeah they had to redesign the body shell and add water cooling to the motor and 4V variocam heads- but it was nothing like the jump Ferrari had to do to go from the 355 (based on the 308GTB) to the 360 Modena (clean sheet design)

i'm hoping the source is reliable. I always hoped the new gtr will sell for about 100k . Not that I'm buying one , i just want to buy a r34 gtr. If the price of new gtrs are about 6.6m yen in japan I'm sure a lot of japanese would be upgrading as they like to have the newest of everything. Thus there will be a flood of old r34gtrs on the market , thus the prices should drop dramatically , like 20% . I remember when 8 year old r33 gtr were about 32-40k . Thus 8 year old r34 (99 models) should be the roughly the same. Fingers crossed !!!

mike

i'm hoping the source is reliable. I always hoped the new gtr will sell for about 100k . Not that I'm buying one , i just want to buy a r34 gtr. If the price of new gtrs are about 6.6m yen in japan I'm sure a lot of japanese would be upgrading as they like to have the newest of everything. Thus there will be a flood of old r34gtrs on the market , thus the prices should drop dramatically , like 20% . I remember when 8 year old r33 gtr were about 32-40k . Thus 8 year old r34 (99 models) should be the roughly the same. Fingers crossed !!!

mike

How many R34 Gtr's do you think were ever built?

I believe it was stated once before here(9000 units)

Somebody please correct me if I am off.

A flood of them...no...you are mistaken...there were never built in the numbers of the R32GTR.(43,394 units)...

I remember reading the same thing

But still.. 135 is not bad when you consider the new M3 is about 150 or so by the time we see it. I would expect the evo to be about the 150k when it comes out.

You're joking right? No way the Evo X is going to be $150k!

f**king reckon

Honestly though, looking at what some people in USA did with some of the cars over the years...im afraid for GTRs reputation...

If i see a GTR with 22" blings and airbags... ill stab sum1 in the eye with a toothpick.

Honestly though, looking at what some people in USA did with some of the cars over the years...im afraid for GTRs reputation...

If i see a GTR with 22" blings and airbags... ill stab sum1 in the eye with a toothpick.

x2... tooo many niggas..

lol

GTR on DUBS :D

Sucks that USA will get it.

my friend told me that the r32-24 skylines wernt able to be imported into america or driven there becauseof emissions/safety or somthing. aparently there are a few that come over from canada or something like that?

let them have it, its about time they had something to base a new tacky fast and furoius movie on.