SAU Community

SST Dyno day: Post your results & mods!

ix9

Okay,

Went in expecting around 180ish rwhp, as my car was misfiring on 7psi..... *sigh*

Pulled 208.8hp@7psi (not bad for stock boost) with a power curve that looks like a set of stairs....

I gots Zorst (w/front pipe), POD, Cold Air, and stock boost...

after having a chat to steve he commented that the timing was retarded a bit, and suggested i advance it a bit for more power... what a difference that made! was able to up the boost to 11psi, no misfiring at all, and the power pulled all the way to redline... DAM.. Kym wants another run!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice steve, i'll be back to tune the new AFC and EBC real soon...

-Kym

edit - Mod :don't forget the no cat kymbo which gives about 10-15 at the rears from the cars i've seen with it and without it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to steal their thunder.....but :D

There were 2 manual NA RB30's R31's both around 135rwHP

And a very sweet lookin Manual RB20DET GTS-X which put down 137rwHP

I think my wagon was a off the pace due to being auto...manuals were held in 4th, my auto was in 2nd I believe. :O

Originally posted by adam 32

strich9: so your car was misifiring cos the timing was retarded?  

what revs was it misfiring at? (i only ask cos ive got a bit of a flat spot at the moment im trying to sort out)

Yep, Sure was Adam. As soon as I cas-bashed it a bit 2mm (on the cas) advance, all the misfiring stopped except for a small pop ord two between 4-5rpm. Immediately the car pulled like a train and I was able to wind the boost all the way up to 11psi. I HAD to run 7psi before or the misfire was really bad...

It also had MAJOR flat spotting before the timing was corrected.

Attached my dyno sheet :D

dynosst.jpg

so this misfire you had was when the car hit full boost? so 4000rpm onwards??

interesting... i checked my timing today and its running 8degrees! haha i assumed that wasnt the problem but it might be. i aint getting misfires just flat spots

343.6 at 1.2 bar on std ceremic terbs with boost control going all over the place. No damage done and boost control now sorted (I wound up the boost and left the duty cycle at a default 60% which is way too high compared to what has been "self learnt" for the lower 1.0 bar boost).

Mods: HKS engine pipe, Jap spec cat, HKS Hiper Zaust, PFC with boost kit. Normal boost 1.0 bar delivered 318 hp atw previously.

Mine managed to get itself to 210.2 HP. Got to 198 with nothing tuned then Steve quickly added fuel to my top end which got me to the 210. Will have to get my S-AFCII tuned properly and wind a bit more boost into her. Might help if i make a partion for my HKS pod, damn that thing's noisy.

For mods, see signature. Note: Nothing tuned yet....

Originally posted by S13_Angel

233.7hp @ 12psi

fmic, pod, 3" zorst (turbo back), badbiki.

very impressive angel, no wonder shes such a sleeper

as for me see the sig its got all the info, theres more roomto play but i don't think it would reliable then