SAU Community

Efi Relay?

SkyGts4

My car isn't starting & have discovered that there's no power(noid light test) going to the injector harness, I'm wondering if there's an EFI(Electronic Fuel injector) relay? Thanks.

The main plug near the power steering reservoir has the main power feeds to the ECU and engine components. The white wire with a black stripe provides power to the injectors direct and also provides power to the ECCS relay and direct to ECU pin 58 (battery power supply). With the engine not running you should have battery voltage at this wire. If you don't you need to check the fusable links under the cover of the engine bay fuse holder. It will be a 25A fuse (should be one of the square units with clear cover and probably brown in colour). I think it is the one closest to the spade fuses.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

The main plug near the power steering reservoir has the main power feeds to the ECU and engine components. The white wire with a black stripe provides power to the injectors direct and also provides power to the ECCS relay and direct to ECU pin 58 (battery power supply). With the engine not running you should have battery voltage at this wire. If you don't you need to check the fusable links under the cover of the engine bay fuse holder. It will be a 25A fuse (should be one of the square units with clear cover and probably brown in colour). I think it is the one closest to the spade fuses.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Thanks bro! Yep that fusable link in the engine bay fuse holder was the prob. Cars starting now! But my speedo doesn't work now...lol. Anyhelp would be appreciated...

You will have to remove the instrument cluster and check that the cable is still turning with road speed and that the speedo drive adapter is still located on the end off the cable (a small square plastic pin).

R32's were the last to have a cable driven speedo, archaic design and know to be an issue.

A new cable from nissan is ~$100 so not unrealistic.

james.