SAU Community

Hey u goin guys planning on takin my skyline back 2 calder this fridai nite went last time with 3"inch turbo back and front mount air filter ( no heat shield or cold air induction) and a boost controller not EBC ran a 14.3 at 100.2 MPH now i dont know if thats shit or decent or wat for a r33 series 2 was hittin around 9-10psi , now ive got a greddy profec B spec II in and a full 90mm cold air innduction ran should i b looking for better times? if so roughly wat with decent take off and gear changes

what was your 60' time?

aroun 2.0 is good, 2.2 is average and can be improved upon.

without sounding slack, 14.3 is not a good time.

9-10 psi in a stock ECU'd r33 means it would be running pretty rich and on the edge of misfiring and carrying on.

cheapest way to get better times (apart from practice) is a tune with an SAFC to fix the air:fuel mixtures.

obviously some street legal drag radials.

then practice away.

maybe list any other mods.

what:

wheels and tyres and what size are they

what tyre pressure?

clutch

do you know what power it is making?

Hmm thinkn runnin back 2 standard boost on the nite , dunn have a clue power havnt had it tuned or dyno'd standard 16"inch wheels and standard clutch...like it hits around 7 then the boost slowly creeps up 2 around 9 on higher revs

2.303 60"

tyre pressure was around 28 psi for the nite from memory

yeh.. that 60' time is just worse than average.

1've seen many 2.2's

perhaps try 22psi in your tyres

try different launch techniques.

at different revs, slipping the clutch, jumping off etc.

with stock turbo, clutch, tyres, you should be able to manage a 2.0 or 2.1

Hey u goin guys planning on takin my skyline back 2 calder this fridai nite went last time with 3"inch turbo back and front mount air filter ( no heat shield or cold air induction) and a boost controller not EBC ran a 14.3 at 100.2 MPH now i dont know if thats shit or decent or wat for a r33 series 2 was hittin around 9-10psi , now ive got a greddy profec B spec II in and a full 90mm cold air innduction ran should i b looking for better times? if so roughly wat with decent take off and gear changes

just to give you a rough idea, my younger bro has a r33 gts-t series 1.5, stock turbo and engine, stock ecu (no SAFC), boost at 12psi, full exhaust, FMIC and a pod, pulled a 13.3 with a 2.0 60 foot time.

You should easily crack a high 13 with you mods if you launch it right and drive it hard.