SAU Community

R33 Injectors

engo

ey all, noticed on my r33 gtst which has a 96' engine in it... the injectors are makin this weird tappin noise.. like a really fast ticking and its gettin louder!!.. just wondering if anyone may have or had the same problem or anyone that knows what this could be!!.... cheers guys

Im no mechanic just talking from experience regarding loud tappets..had the issue in my rb30 for a long time...it was a pre-existing problem when I bought that car and was told it had run its oil to low in the past or the oil was too thin.

It is an annoying problem..

Try running some injector cleaner through it, try the eliminating process..

ahhh... cheers fella's... ill chuck in some thicker oil next time for sure!!!...and ill have a go at that cleaner aswell!!... thanx tonnes guys.. as long as its not a real issue i shall sleep betta at night..haha.. thanx again..

ahhh... cheers fella's... ill chuck in some thicker oil next time for sure!!!...and ill have a go at that cleaner aswell!!... thanx tonnes guys.. as long as its not a real issue i shall sleep betta at night..haha.. thanx again..

befor u do the oil get a really long screwdriver n put driver end on the rocker cover

put your ear on the handle end and listen .

try it on top of each rocker.

do the same on the injectors.

you should be able to tell which it is injectors or some thing in the valvetrain, and go from there

could be nothing but hard to say as only u can hear how loud the tap is .

but some tap from the injectors is normal ,

good luck

befor u do the oil get a really long screwdriver n put driver end on the rocker cover

put your ear on the handle end and listen .

try it on top of each rocker.

do the same on the injectors.

you should be able to tell which it is injectors or some thing in the valvetrain, and go from there

could be nothing but hard to say as only u can hear how loud the tap is .

but some tap from the injectors is normal ,

good luck

yeah i did that when i first starting hearing the noise... its definately the injectors... bastards!!... cheers for the help!