SAU Community

How are we all? i was just wondering if anybody knows which wires i have got to short out to get the fault code out of the ecu for the A.B.S and has anybody got a list of the fault code numbers?

cause i just bought my r33 and ths guy i brought it off has changed the diff and it doesnt have the A.B.S sensor hooked up and i understand thats half the problem but i just want to check what the fault codes are anyway.

and if any 1 has sum pics of a rear diff out of a r33 so i can match it up cause he said the diff is out of a 300zx or sumthing.

also, does anybody have a standard diff for sale?

in any case its actually the diff casing thats differant. the sensor goes in the pinion shaft area i think. if its a later one its got the two sensors on each stub axle.

the abs aint going to work without them hooked up. you will have to have a look undernieth the car around the diff and try and find the sensors dangling or the plugs. determining if its got the pinion sensor or the two sensors on the diff cover.

thanks mate yeah it has 1 sensor just hanging above the diff flange. all look and see if the hole has been blocked but he said it had a diffrent diff so the z32 diff's do fit in so all u have to change is the drive shafts how bout the stub axles where the rear wheels bolt on too.

is the splines diffrent are they from the r33 gtst axles to the gtr axles? on both ends or just 1 end

thanks john

JUST JAKED IT UP AND IT HAS WRECKER WRIGHTING ALL OVER IT SAYING HR33 AND I CAN SEE WHERE THE SENSOR SHOULD GO BUT IT DOESNT HAVE A OPENING THERE ITS ALL CASING. IF I GET A STANDARD ECR33 DIFF SHOULD IT BOLT STRAIGHT IN ?

THANKS JOHN

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• 350/370Z CD005/9 seem to be a good choice, but you'll need to address the diff ratio issue.
    • Brand new r34 gtt box 
    • What is the go to gearbox these days for a RWD RB? Back in the day VG TT boxes were cheap and strong. Seems they are as expensive as an RB25 box these days. What are the options without remortgaging the house? 
    • Define "Nissan big brakes". You just mean standard R34 4 pots? And...it's not even the offset you need to worry about. It's really a detail of how much clearance there is between the caliper and the back of the spoke/face, which is affected more by the design of the spoke than it is by the offset. If you think about it....take any wheel, say a 19x8 that does fit and clears the caliper. Then add or subtract an inch of wheel on the outside, without changing anything else. You have changed the offset by half an inch, but not changed the clearance situation at all. Same for if you add or subtract an inch from the inside edge. The way for you to work this out is to take a wheel off the car, grab a straight edge and a ruler or two, and start to measure the distances from the wheel mounting face on the hub to the outer face of the caliper, and the outer diameter (that faces the barrel of the wheel) of the caliper. Armed with these dimensions and any other measurement that grabs your fancy while you are there, you can then go to the seller of the wheels and do the reverse measurements from the wheel's mounting face and see if there will be clearance to the caliper. There really should be. I have 17x8 RPF1s +35 clearing the caliper face by a finger tip. Those wheels do have pretty thin spokes with some curvature.... but then so do most wheels to suit Jap cars.
    • So I’ve got a r34 sedan that I managed to get green stickered, meaning I need to go through government approved wof station for my car to be allowed back on the road for some reason my car is certed for 19x8 rims.. I need these wheels  does anyone know what offset will be fine to clear Nissan big brakes? I saw 35et for sale near me, I can’t drive the car to test fit or risk being fined ..   I searched heaps online couldn’t find anywhere..