SAU Community

Help! Strange Idling

fooz

hey guys,

i just installed a 3" cat back exhaust last week, and since 2 days ago, the engines been idling around 1200 - 1500 rpms! this isn't normal is it? when its cold it even goes up to 2000 rpm. it used to idle around 900 with the stock system btw. whats the problem???

btw.

i've got a 96 S2 R33

completely stocko, except for a HKS mushroom up front, and the 3" cat back now.

i've also got a front pipe that i'm gonna install soon. anything i should be wary off???

Appreciate the assistance! :)

It's just a lack of back pressure, the idle can be reduced with the screw on the side of aac valve and I believe the stock ECU has some sought of adjusting thing on it too. Go to the DIY section there's a guide to doing it under 'cleaning the aac valve' or something like that.

Edited by BAMR33

Mine didn't do this.

I'd be checking Temp sensors etc, because there is no back pressure at idle..

Maybe its a temperature sensor out, and the car still thinks its cold?

Clean the AAC valve? Do you run a Aftermarket vent to atmosphere BOV?

Mine didn't do this.

I'd be checking Temp sensors etc, because there is no back pressure at idle..

Maybe its a temperature sensor out, and the car still thinks its cold?

Clean the AAC valve? Do you run a Aftermarket vent to atmosphere BOV?

hmm. how do i check temperature sensors? i could probably just drop it off at a tuners and have em check it out right?

the car was idling fine with the stock exhaust 1 week back. i read the article on the AAC valve, seems pretty simple, might give that a try. i'm running stock BOV and turbo.