SAU Community

Blitz Access Pre-tuned Ecu

RB20JT

hey guys,

just want to know whether anyone has had expirience with these plug in retuned ecu's from japan? i got my hands on one from a mate cause he thought i might want it....LOL (why not)...

just wondering....has anyone used one? results? doesnt matter what rb motor....but i just wanna see if they r really a sham..coz atm i got std ecu with fuel cut defender running the mods i got listed below.

is there a website to check the computer ID number or watever u call it? cheers. i got another ecu planned for my 32....but maybe this could be good.

my mods:

full 3 inch X-force exhaust

hybrid frount cooler

highflow r25 turbo

fuel pressure reg

what gains r there from these ecu's? sorry guys im new to the ecu side of cars.

cheers,

daniel

The only gain is a sketchy tune state.

I say this because the tune isnt for our fuel, and you have no idea what mods the ECU was tuned for to begin with.

Japs ECU's like that unless re-tuned here (sometimes impossible), really are mostly useless unfortunately, and can cause far more harm than good to your motor.

i had one, put it in my 32, was no different then the standard one at first, but after a couple of weeks using it i started to notice i had slightly better fuel economy and no speed limit and rev limit lol.

but as r31nismoid said, they can do more harm then good, because you dont know what it was originally tuned for.

mines been running in my car now for over 1yr, only cause i havnt gotten around to takeing it out lol.

i have had good success with Mines ECU's

But like what most pple say they are not tuned for your fuel.

Most ones iv got from Japan have been for stock injectors and are just a general power up like what your would get for your Civic from "Chip Torque".

But with that said most Mines ecu's i have used have given better ecnomy and a little bit harder on bout 14psi with only basic mods to an rb20.

I have one mines ecu for a a31 that came with GTR injectors,GTR Pump etc etc and it was a diaster, on 8psi the thing would ping its ass off.

Although tuned roms are still popular in Japan, i would only buy one hear if i new what it was tuned for.

Blitz access expreriance is only of an sr20det 180sx. Thing went really well for what it was.

Cooler, stock turbs and had seemed to go realyl well with the ecu in it.

Then one day it just died. :wub:

Throw the ecu in, and just take it easy, listen for pinging!

Make sure you have a good tank of premium and just take it easy until you know it will run the car fine.

Gooc Luck

Really you can plug it in, get it on a dyno and see what happens.

You'll need a fuel pump first, i wouldnt even go near a dyno without one

Personally i think your wasting the dyno money, as the ECU isnt going to be anywhere near decent IMO.

oh ragex! yes it does have a blitz sticker on it....and two access stickers over the sides, plus an ecu number sticker on it....that help?

ok i have an essential tuned rom, i didnt use it cuz i had so many mods on my car but anyway, OPEN it up, and look in side what you are looking for is 2 kinds of these computers

one has a say 1 inch square chip on the board some times they have a glue on them it has tiny little legs all sides

THE other has a retangle chip also known as a EPROM it has little legs only on the long sides.

if u have the retangle one, you can actualy retune that computer, by your self if your confident OR take it to a few places i can recomend

P.s the square one can be tuned but no one will do them sorry....

i have a square one :laugh:

Edited by ragex

ragex,

would u mind giving me PM just in case it is the rectangle one.

cheers

ok i have an essential tuned rom, i didnt use it cuz i had so many mods on my car but anyway, OPEN it up, and look in side what you are looking for is 2 kinds of these computers

one has a say 1 inch square chip on the board some times they have a glue on them it has tiny little legs all sides

THE other has a retangle chip also known as a EPROM it has little legs only on the long sides.

if u have the retangle one, you can actualy retune that computer, by your self if your confident OR take it to a few places i can recomend

P.s the square one can be tuned but no one will do them sorry....

i have a square one :)

Thats even sillier! You wont know what the AFR's look like.

If you hear it pining, then its way too bad of a tune.

If you wanna spend $80 and give it a go, no worries :)

It's silly to judge by what you hear too, because pinging and knocking is most often inaudible to humans in the first place.

It's only serious knocking that you hear. Sometimes it's already weakened the pistons by that time.