SAU Community

What Would You Do?

silverr34gtt

Hi guys i have a decision to make about engine management, do i go for the cheaper emanage or fork out 1500 for a pfc?

My mods are

R34 GT-T

Hks front pipe and Hks dump into high flow cat and Trust PE 2.

Hks type S FMIC.

Hks Gtrs kit.

Tomei fuel pump.

Nismo panel air filter.

C's short shifter.

Greddy Profec 2 ebc.

Splitfire coil packs.

And these are soon to be installed once i can figure out which computer suits my needs.

Nismo 480cc injectors.

Nismo FPR.

Z32 airflow meter.

What would you do?

Save yourself some money and get the emanage($800)...... or bite the bullet and get the Pfc ($1500)?

Im really torn as to wich way to go. The car will be a daily driver hopefully making around the 250 rwkw mark. Some trackday useage.

I suppose i can afford the pfc but having spent crazey amounts of money already on aftermarket parts,

im thinking carefully about what will achieve the best result for my setup.

Thanks for your input :laugh:

if you can find a tuner which will tune the Emanage Ulimate go for that. it has alot more features over the pfc. It also has the function to be updated at a later date so if greddy updates the software you can just go download it from the net and connect the emanage by usb to your pc and update it.

pfc is base ecu which was good bang for bucks but now Apexi has stop producing some model the price makes it no longer fall into that category of "bang for bucks"

Thanks for the input Michael. Yes there are several tuners in melbourne capable of tuning the ultimate well. I suppose that the ultimate is my best option really in the scale of things. Pfc's have become very dear due to scarcity, and the ultimate is newer technology. this update feature was something i was not aware of.

Thanks again, Looking straight at the ultimate now.

Still any other input will be interesting. :laugh:

Tend to basically agree with what has been said. More or less the PFC's greatest advantage was its ease of use coupled with its reasonable price.

Now that the prices have gone up, other options have become more reasonable comparatively.

If you have a tuner that is happy and confident with tuning an emanage ultimate, I think it would be a very strong option :)

Any standalone ECU, doesn't have to be a PFC.

Just gives you more options in terms of tuning and funtions as well as resale value later down the track.

Edited by abu

Microtech ! $1500 from race pace (SAU Sponser). You can justify the $1500 price tag by knowing that your saving $300 by not needing that Z32. Im certain there would be some good tuners in melbourne who work with microtechs

My previous car was an rx7 running a 12 turbo efi setup.

I used a microtech lt4 as fuel management and the car never really ran well. was tuned by maztech made 184 rwhp, but used to idle all over the place and never idle in warmer weather. Proply caused by the fact it was running primary 870cc injectors only. However this has tarnished my view of their products.

I have bought the emanage now so thanks for all the input guys.

Much appreciated

:happy:

thats nice but i aim to make 300kw atw. with 550cc injectors and turbo and q32/q45 afm. will the emanage still do this. and if so do u have any links of facts to back it up? might be easier for a pfc to do it

cheers

Edited by r33cruiser