SAU Community

R33 Gtst Hit And Run

Candy

I was there at the scene. I saw the crash but i didnt think that it was him that ran over the poor guy that died down the road till i seen it on the news. The plates were AO.--.KK or something like that. P plater.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how come his windscreen was smashed, and blood spattered over the car?

When are they going to f*****g-well learn? Just because they got a licence doesn't meant they know how to drive.They DO NOT have the skill.

I hope he gets banned for life.

i second that i dont understand how 60 year old drivers are better then p plate drivers, atleast we can see the road....

let me put it this way guys sure there are wanker drivers over 25 but just look at the statistics it tells all.i am sure there are plenty of good level headed p platers out there but you will never have the experience that an older driver has.dont be too quick to judge people my 2 cents if you dont like it lump it .......mike........

eat a F***n knob, im a RED p plater and i drive a turbo skyline, have been since i got my L's 4 yrs ago. so before u go on barking bout how p-platers shouldnt have been driving a 2.5ltr turbo, you might wanna try thinking. as there is a shitload of p-platers who have an exemption to drive turbo cars, or had there p's before the rule was introduced, so therefore are entitiled to drive it. and im sure most of us do alot better job than alot of monkeys on there full licence.

hahah lol here we go!! ehhe

yeah hered he did the runner from a rbt. then blew .038. like 3 beeres. its the should or shouldnt i run question that always ends in disaster. and thats when experiance comes into it.

i had a friend do the runner. he got away till they knocked on his door the following day. he got 2 years no licence and 200hours com service. and about 8k in legals. all for what? 15-30k over :S

eat a F***n knob, im a RED p plater and i drive a turbo skyline, have been since i got my L's 4 yrs ago. so before u go on barking bout how p-platers shouldnt have been driving a 2.5ltr turbo, you might wanna try thinking. as there is a shitload of p-platers who have an exemption to drive turbo cars, or had there p's before the rule was introduced, so therefore are entitiled to drive it. and im sure most of us do alot better job than alot of monkeys on there full licence.

Hang on...why are you still on your RED P's after 4 years?

Everyday I see many P-Platers not doing the right thing when driving on the road. Eg 130kph+ on the freeway or 80 in 50 and 40 zones, usually while hiding their P-plates behind the number plate or inside the rear window.

And with incidents like the crash yesterday, it gives the police more reason to aim their attention at the younger less experienced drivers. However, if you don't do aything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about.

Pretty sad. It's disappointing that fools like that guy have to learn their lesson the hard way and at the expense of others. He's now ruined his life - and ruined someone elses family.

dont mind them joe its not there fault they couldnt afford a skyline when they were our age .... i bet if they could theyd jump at the chance of buying one...

Firstly, keep the insults to yourselves guys.

Secondly, I think here, just like everywhere else, everyone is jumping to their own pre-judged conclusions. According to the SMH "The driver of the vehicle, a 20-year-old Liverpool man, was charged with failing to stop after a collision occasioning death and failing to submit to a breath test."

Note, he was not charged with negligent driving occaisioning death, he was not charged with any speeding offences, he was charged with failing to stop etc.

A court will hear all the evidence and decide on this guys guilt or innocence of whatever charges wind up being laid.

The comments by witnesses about 'the familiar hiss of a turbo car' are meaningless as most of us have had people glare/yell/gesture/wave the pinky at us without even exceding the speed limit.

As for the P plater arguments - they're getting old. Get over it. People will always die, younger drivers will always be over represented in the statistics. We should all just do what we can by leading by example, that's young people and older people.

Secondly, I think here, just like everywhere else, everyone is jumping to their own pre-judged conclusions. According to the SMH "The driver of the vehicle, a 20-year-old Liverpool man, was charged with failing to stop after a collision occasioning death and failing to submit to a breath test."

Note, he was not charged with negligent driving occaisioning death, he was not charged with any speeding offences, he was charged with failing to stop etc.

A court will hear all the evidence and decide on this guys guilt or innocence of whatever charges wind up being laid.

The comments by witnesses about 'the familiar hiss of a turbo car' are meaningless as most of us have had people glare/yell/gesture/wave the pinky at us without even exceding the speed limit.

As for the P plater arguments - they're getting old. Get over it. People will always die, younger drivers will always be over represented in the statistics. We should all just do what we can by leading by example, that's young people and older people.

Here here - well said Adam!

Yep, I'd second that too.

I know some "P" platers that are pretty good drivers and some older people that are pretty good drivers, and i also know some "P" platers that drive like idiots and some older drivers that drive like idiots.

Its not the license that someone holds that dictates what sort of driver they are, its the person. Old or young doesn't really matter, what matters is the attitude of that driver and how they choose to use their car on public roads. Dickheads are dickheads and there will always be one somewhere and you will always hear more about them in the papers and on the news.

I highly doubt that you will ever see a report on how Mrs Sinclair from the hills district expertly negotiated a tricky round about near a local school with precision, skill and safety while sticking to the 40kmph school zone speed limit. The news and the media thrive on drama, its sells papers and gets people watching the right channel so they see the commercials in that time slot. Why do you think i don't read papers or watch the news? Its always plane crash this and hundreds dead that. Negative, negative, negative! Who needs it?

On a lighter note, approximately 40 responsible skyline and performance car owners took part in a fun and educational wet skid pan and track day yesterday down at Sutton rd complex near Canberra. It was reported that all had a good time and that the sausage sandwiches at lunchtime were cooked to perfection. After the fun had finished many cars needed a good bath!!!

There's a newsflash for ya's!!! :yucky:

1 less tosser in his 33 with chromies & shopping list who probly wouldn't wave to me anyway.

Sick of all the P-plater bashings,im a green P-plater,havent had a warning or anything since i got my Line.

Yes obviously some people are more able,confident drivers then others whether their a P-plater or not.

But some people are just down right Di$*'s Like most people i see with chromies and shopping lists from autobahn.

It's a shame it had to go down like this but im glad that r33 driver is off the road and not giving skyline

drivers a bad rep. further more

Edited by RSTME

So if I go to the RTA tomorrow and get my full licence that will make me a better driver? lol I wouldn't be a "stupid P plater" anymore would I, and the only experience I would have gained is another day in my life.

Aside from the P plater argument, he was an idiot and probably would of caused the same accident in an econobox. Assuming the Telegraph isn't exagerating, firstly he was on his Ps in NSW with a blood alcohol level of over 0.0000, definition would be infinitely over the legal limit. Secondly, he either tried to defy physics and go around a corner to quickly, or was simply doing stupid shit, resulting in hitting someone and a parked car. Thirdly, he tried to run, literally run away from the crash/hit and run, as well as some police dogs. Ask yourself if these actions should result in a whole agrument on P plater bashing or performance car banning

One thing I find funny though...

"We've been asking for speed humps or traffic lights for years because these guys just use this place like a speedway,'' Surrey Ave resident Ali Derbus said.

Got happy fun time obsticle course? :thumbsup: