SAU Community

Hks Rb28 Build Update

SLY33

who remembers the original thread on this bulid!? I moved overseas shortly after starting it, must be well over a year since i started the rebuild, but after countless $$$$$ its finally one piece!! Just awaiting the nismo plenum from greenline and the finishing touches of the assembly before the engine dyno-run-in/tune. Turbo is from the new Turbonetics GT-K series, i believe one of the first to land in Aus, supposedly a bit more huff than a TO4Z, we will shortly see...

Cubes, i still have that ex-honed mani for the gts!, will resume the re-testing in the GTS-t once this engine is bolted back in the GTR :)

gtrengine002.jpg

gtrengine006.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little bit more info on this exhaust manifold please? ie. maker and price bracket?

I like the angled windows machined into the comp cover. No doubt it will sound like an F1-11 on take off.

The purple paint job looks funky but makes me think of the purple TellyTubby :laugh:

Thanks guys, its been a long time coming.. i looked back to when i started getting parts just after the engine failed, it was 2 years ago!

Careless, i dont have a full buildup thread, i may have posted some pics of the crank during the early stages of the build. Once its all done ill post some specs.

Dale FZ1, its just your garden variety X-Force manifold :yucky: Apparently improved over the initial ones that cracked easily, supposedly increased strengthening and material thickness. Cost was less than a grand, car will hardly be used, so we figured we'd give it a go.

rb26s13, spot on, its an 850.

Btw the purple is from the old engine, its getting changed :)