SAU Community

Hks Rb28 Build Update

SLY33

be interesting to see your results, a mate fitted the 650 to his 1j and the claims of 30% better spool than an equivalent garrett didnt pan out, she is extremely laggy (5000rpm?) but that being said the car makes alot more power than it did with a .63 reared gt35 on the same boost (440 to 480rwhp)

whatever you do dont damage it, waiting time on replacement parts for the turbo is in the 2-3month range

Edited by DCIEVE

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice engine SLY33, ex maniforl is a work of art!

Just a quick question though (provided its not top secret info):

What cams are you running in that purple beast?

Good luck on the engine dyno! Im sure she'll pull out some serious numbers once run in!

cheers guys.

the engine dyno im using is currently apart for some maintenance. im hoping to get it run in/tuned as soon as its back together.

Cams are Jun 272's. It will be interesting to see how this thing drives, everything about it has become more focussed on top end flow, rather than response. The only drivability/response component in its favour is the 2.8litre stroker crank! There was going to be a 6 throttle nismo plenum to help with the response, but that got put aside for the all-out hypertune manifold.

All i want of this build is to have a bit of a scare when i find enough road to put the foot down. If i want a good responsive package and some tail out fun, well thats what the GTS-t is for :miner:

(for those that were interested in the extrude honed stock manifold results on my GTS-t, it should hopefully be on and tuned in a couple of weeks, will post the results)

Edited by SLY33

the engine dyno im using is currently apart for some maintenance. im hoping to get it run in/tuned as soon as its back together.

Cams are Jun 272's. It will be interesting to see how this thing drives, everything about it has become more focussed on top end flow, rather than response. The only drivability/response component in its favour is the 2.8litre stroker crank! There was going to be a 6 throttle nismo plenum to help with the response, but that got put aside for the all-out hypertune manifold.

All i want of this build is to have a bit of a scare when i find enough road to put the foot down. If i want a good responsive package and some tail out fun, well thats what the GTS-t is for :stupid:

Very nice - look forward to seeing how this comes out. Are 272s big enough for an 850hp odd turbo?

A friend of mine is putting one of those G-TK 1000s on his 25/30. His engine is currently being built, im sure he will post his results when its all finished.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So far it made 760HP @flywheel at 24psi. Would have liked an even 800 but i guess its more than enough as it is.

its going back in the car now, will try get some pics up. Will be interesting to see how the rwkw reading will translate back to the flywheel reading once its done.

is there gonna be a significant difference at the end of the day with a x-force vs another?

I just used what the engine builder rec'd, he reckons it will do the job..

btw fuel is 98 pump plus 10% methanol

But yeah she looks pretty laggy! Goes something like this, 4000rpm 200HP, 5000rpm 300HP then between 5000-6000 rpm the power doubles from 300-600HP. Peaks somewhere round 8200rpm.

Will get the dyno sheet up..

Looking at the power delivery, if i were to build again id definitly go a 3litre and perhaps a slightly smaller turbo. But no doubt this will still be fun :yes:

Edited by SLY33

Nawww no aircon :)

Dude! Tell me about it! I said to my engine builder i wanted to keep it, but no room for condenser and fan.. He said later on we could do something custom... Car will barely get driven anyway as i dont live in Australia anymore! Offers to buy this car may be considered!