SAU Community

Blowing White/grey Smoke -> 1 Plug Tip Is White?

Mr_GaZZa

Gd morning :yucky:

well dismorning, i got ready for work... and roughly 10mins before i leave i start my car to warm up so when i jump in i can just go :) i do this every day!!! so did the same today!!

i didnt see no smoke all the way to work, :S i mean i kept it off boost and didnt touch a thing since yestday

car temps where normal and so was oil pressure.

i recalls doing my service 'oil change n filter' just after boosting it!! and recall the oil being slighty over the mark =S

and my rocker over flow pipes are stuffed i rekon... coz i noticed the pipe that goes up n into the inlet had a small amount of oil where the rubber 'which is more hard like plastic' LOL joins the metal pipe.

so could be blocked and just unblocked itself n burnt it :S

i aint sure... just wierd how my SKYLINE is okay

Gaz

Yeah, my car it was kind of similar.

There was no smoke only sometimes.

After driving did you check your dipstick too see if theirs oil in it?

nah its a 15min ride... lol pretty sure it wuldnt use 5litres in that time and only 10km ride to workies

+ oil pressure was good

=( gonna clean the PCV tonite and fit new breather pipes :P

Haha yeah tell me how it goes :(

With my car everything was fine too,

just a weird exhaust note like a coil pack was busted.

I checked the oil and it was empty just after i topped it up.

Then the next morning i checked it and it was all there.

Very weird, but i think because of the blow back into the cooler

pipes. After when i took apart my car and sat my cooler on it's side

a whole puddle of oil came out =(!

Haha yeah tell me how it goes :domokun:

With my car everything was fine too,

just a weird exhaust note like a coil pack was busted.

I checked the oil and it was empty just after i topped it up.

Then the next morning i checked it and it was all there.

Very weird, but i think because of the blow back into the cooler

pipes. After when i took apart my car and sat my cooler on it's side

a whole puddle of oil came out =(!

yeha man i checked my oil used about half of a dip stick...

valve guide seals???

or?? i mean smokes when u let it idle then pull away or few light REVS

:wub: pretty worried... i lift of the oil cap, it doesnt spit out... if anyfing it draws air in...

so i am sure it aint the rings!! compression test is happening the w/e still!!

i mean from the exhaust i can smell something else burning... not just fuel/heat...

probably oil..

:worship: GaZZa

will check more when i get home from TAFE

Edited by Mr_GaZZa

********************* 10:30pm ****************** UPDATE BELOW !!!

erm after returning home from tafe i let the car sit for 20mins and checked dip stick... was fine

omg RAWR!!! so i spent all afternoon taking out the plugs and checking them!!!

well plug 1 was fairly loose kinda had signs that it wasnt sealing rite but other then that

PLUGS 1-5 where grey, no wear or nuffing.

then i pull PLUG 6 out

and the END IS WHITE/ really really light grey 'more white'

any answers for that???

and i also had a look at the top of pistons, through the holes... 1-5 'matt grey' and number 6 looked to be damp/liquidy on it :S

ended up wiping sum of it... culdnt really tell if it was fuel/oil or water :S

maybe the white plug hints something???

thanks Gary

P.S not much smoke happening now... please help me... loosing hair / sleep haha

Yeah thats what i thought tooo

and thats what i have read on the net... too lean 'too much air' or overheating on that one

anyways here is pictures

take note or the name of the pictures 6-5-4 'is plug order on pixxey' and 3-2-1.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa26/Ga.../Plugs6-5-4.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa26/Ga.../Plugs3-2-1.jpg

and check out the spark plug hole pics also below:

POT 5 ' all apart from 6 looked like this'

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa26/Ga...rkPlugHole5.jpg

POT 6 'Last one'

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa26/Ga...rkPlughole6.jpg

any ideas / tips would be great

NOTE ** wow didnt realise how over captured pot 6 is lol isnt like that 'looks oilly in pix', its just wet/moist in real'

+ plugs are grey/ish --> not as black as pictured**

silly camera phones

Edited by Mr_GaZZa

'omg BS >< if it was pistons wuldnt u be burning oil.. n wuldnt it be worse @ cold start '

i had this exact problem 2 months ago, piston 5 stuffed and it was burning more oil at cold start and plug was white and others normal.

by the sounds of what you said piston 6 is gone. go to a mechanic to confirm. bottom end definately stuffed, best of luck with it anyways mate.

Get it booked in for a leak down test.

Will reveal all. :S

The white tip is not a good indication.. What does the ceramic look like?

yeha i will, what places should i call that are in W.A for leakdown test??? can a mechanic do it?

the plug looked very white on the tip, then went grey towards the end 'ReF picture'.

Ceramic center insulator was fine, no damage, melting or deposits.

had a look @ ur pics.. looks like ur burnin oil in no.6

see it all the time @ work (engine reco place) and urs doesnt look all that bad thou...

its not ur turbo. if it was, ud know about it. trust me, they dont blow lil bits of blue smoke.. when they go.. they blow massive amounts of white smoke.

it looks like the oil control ring is on its way out and that piston is mighty dirtty lol lots of build up on it :(

gl champ

had a look @ ur pics.. looks like ur burnin oil in no.6

see it all the time @ work (engine reco place) and urs doesnt look all that bad thou...

its not ur turbo. if it was, ud know about it. trust me, they dont blow lil bits of blue smoke.. when they go.. they blow massive amounts of white smoke.

it looks like the oil control ring is on its way out and that piston is mighty dirtty lol lots of build up on it :(

gl champ

okay i'll get a comp test on that cylinder mainly then bud

thanks ;)

at lunch today i went to a few car mechanics and that, they rekon its either taking in air somewhere, inject is blocked/dirty = not enuff fuel in number 6

making the rest run rich.... coz ECU is like need more fuel!!

BTW the smoke i got told looks grey/white :S lol spose it does... i mean i dunno

BTW does a leak test damage anyfing? or hurt fragile seals??? dont wana get 1 if it will blow CRAP!!

Thanks every1

• 3 weeks later...