SAU Community

Skid Day Dates For 2008! Starting The 15th March 08

psi

Ok, I have finanlly sorted out all the skid dates for next year!

15 March - Gympie Crew This Date is booked out!

10 May - SAU

14 June - Bundy Crew This is almost booked out!

12 July - Gympie Crew This Date is booked out!

13 Sept - SAU

11 Oct - Gympie Crew This Date is booked out!

Everybody is welcome to attend the Gympie Crew's skid days. Contact [email protected] for bookings.

The SAU days will be organised by RevHead (or the new President) and as usual you will need to be a paid SAU member.

Contact RevHead for details and bookings. He has let the odd non-member in!

The Bundy Crew skid days are being organised by my mate Lars.(Nissan-R33) There will be cars from Bundy, Hearvey Bay and Maryborough.

There will be a price rise due to a rise in the hire of the skid pan complex. This can not be avoided. I expect the price to rise to about $120 per car.

As normal for my skid days, your entry fee entitles you and one freind to free tuition, BBQ lunch and free soft drinks all day!

The skid day is 8am-4pm. lunch is eaten on the run between goes. Tuition is built into the day as part of the day. Our tuitor is a qualified driving instructor. One on one tuition is available to anybody who asks at no extra cost, in or out of your car!

Feel free to ask any questions. Feel free to ask other guys who have been skidding for their opinion..!

I have marked all my previous skid day posts with the blue question mark. I did this so it is easy to track.. check them out!

Any other Q's?

Edited by psi

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are all the skid days that I am running next year. I would really like to do more, but I have some time issues..

Yea I thought i would give the bundy boys some play time! LOL..

I'll have a bit more of a talk with Lars when he rocks up to the Oct 13 skid day.. There is a bit of interest from a few Maryborough cars as well. It should be a great day.

As always, looking forward to seeing the SAU crew and have some laughs. Maybe it'll rain again! I really enjoyed the whole skid season.. except the last one where i was dog tired! but I'll blame Ska for that one!

I know it seems obvious, but i prefer import cars! At least bring a car with some real HP!

I do have a few regulars cars that are powered by bent eights who skid very well.

So if you cant bring your toy, take your mates! But leave your sisters lancer at home..

It has been seen a number of times where large horsepowered cars don't skid quite as well as some lower figure cars. So don't think that u need 450hp to play. A standard skyline is a great start.. anything more than that is just more fun.

Being wet concrete, it doesn't seem to matter if you have 120 or 420 hp, all the skills are the same.

Tyre wear is minimal, and I don't even bother swapping my street rubber.

Oct 13 is the last skid day for this year, and it is goin to seem like FOREVER before next years skid season starts.. but we will all just have to wait it out in the pool!

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great event i have learnt heaps from mark the instructor to the point when i ask him too show my mates some things he tells me i know enought to help them which is kinda cool.

Ohh anyone up bundy way PM me and i will put you on my list for the round next year.

Edited by Nissan-r33

ha ha ha.. the good old list!

we have already started on next years list for the Gympie crew!

I will chat with u later Lars about some of the Maryborough and Harvey bay cars...

ohh, if your from that area, PM Lars. I imagine that the spots will fill very early.

i have already got 7 definates for next year! After tomoz's skid session, i spose there wont be many left..!

Ok guys. the first date for next years skid season is already full with 2 spare cars.

I have also got 8 cars booked into the other 2 days. that only leaves 6 spots!

most of next years skid season is already booked up..

The bundy boys think that they are goin to easily fill up their day. I beleive they already have 10 cars!

So, if your reading this and want in, i recommend you do something right now.

Ohh today was the best skid day I have run to date.

Great people, some new cars, some oldies, some girls who skidded very well.. what a total blast!

Lars in his R33 won the season trophy against Leigh in the Supra by only 1.6 seconds..

Cody won the shoot out, he was very tidy and performed well.

Eddy in his new GT skyline won the time trial. by a massive margin! he learnt very quickly and drove very smoothly.. excellent for a new skidder!

ya little bugger.. i just couldn't quite get the power down fast enough. but it was a good win man.

See you next year.. yea?

Slap some of those bundy boys in the head and tell them to go skidding or else! LOL.

That was seriously an awesome day. everybody drove well. didn't run outta food or drinks..

man i would just love to do another day like that next weekend! My wife would strip my car and sell it on ebay..

but i think it would be worth it. lol

Im keen!!

Thanks again for an awesome day guys!! Congrats again to Lars and Kody! aweseome driving...

That was easily the best day ive ever had on any skid pan anywhere ever!!! I learnt so much, and took so much away from it.. Ive seen the throttle steering light!!!

Guys if you really want to have fun and take your driving skills to a new level, with free tuition and also car setup advice i cannot recommend this enough!

Cheers

John

P.s. Krystles car got towed while we were up there... hehe, you can try teach a women to drive, but you'll never teach one to park >_< (only joking.. waits for the flaming)

Im keen!!

Thanks again for an awesome day guys!! Congrats again to Lars and Kody! aweseome driving...

That was easily the best day ive ever had on any skid pan anywhere ever!!! I learnt so much, and took so much away from it.. Ive seen the throttle steering light!!!

Guys if you really want to have fun and take your driving skills to a new level, with free tuition and also car setup advice i cannot recommend this enough!

Cheers

John

P.s. Krystles car got towed while we were up there... hehe, you can try teach a women to drive, but you'll never teach one to park >_< (only joking.. waits for the flaming)

farken rofl @ mish'stle.

i'm in for the 15th march 2008

I'm in for all 6 skid days.. nar nar nar-nar na!

John, u did see the light. It was good to see you FINALLY get what i've been telling you!

precision foot control saves you heaps of hard work and makes u look megga cool!

John I'm gonna PM u about your car setup! By this time next year you should be driving 250% better than on sat!

We will be dropping car numbers back to only 14cars like last year.

So, spots are goin to become even more scarse, maybe i should auction them off on ebay! ha ha ha...

If anybody wants in, NOW is the time to jump. i thought i had 8 cars booked in for the rest of the year.. but with John in, hmm that only leaves 4 spots on the remaining 2 skid days!

Sorry Eug, but that day totally booked out on the weekend!

Edited by psi

Sick! im there for all 3 gympie crew days!!

you gonna skid at the SAU days as well? and Lars has a day.. so, if you were megga keen, you could do all 6!

i'm in for the 15th march 2008

The only way to secure a spot is to pay, only then it is guareented.

Nobody who has paid has been turned away, EVER.

So, pay for a date and know that ur in. If for some odd reason you can't make it, give me some notice a I should be able to get somebody to buy your spot, or you can opt to sell it to one of your mates.

By doing this, its stops guys backing out in the last minute and leaving me with a huge bill!

But you are more than welcome to come to any skid day i run.. even if you only want to support a mate!